Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate a team in 2013: Brisbane Lions

Really hard to gage for mine.
    They won 10 games and improved significantly under Mad Vossy, but did that flatter them?
    Haven't been pumped up to the eyeballs like the Tiges, but a chance for the eight if they make the gabba a fortress.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate a team in 2013: Brisbane Lions

The younger players need to take the next step and really play well for any chance to make the eight. They can no longer rely on Black and Brown to get them through matches.

I think you are right in saying the Gabba becoming a fortress is the key to a bottom eight finish. I think they will just miss out again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane have certainly got a really got batch of younger players through their midfield. Their timing is looking to be a bit awkward though - as they're unlikely to reap the benefits of seeing the younger brigade really hit their straps at the same time as Brown and Black being still around.

They could be a chance to push for 7th or 8th this year if their improvement comes with a rush - and if they can get a full season out of Leunberger as well as keeping their good players on teh park. But I'd be guessing 10th/11th.

Post Thanks / Like

Need another solid year out of Browny, no other dependable forward options spring to mind. Midfield is young and improving but they lack down the spine. I have them about 10th

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Need another solid year out of Browny, no other dependable forward options spring to mind. Midfield is young and improving but they lack down the spine. I have them about 10th
    I agree with this.

They have some talent and did well last season, but they lack some star qualities to see them jump up the ladder. They are desperate for some good talls.