Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tutt's strut

Post Thanks / Like

Tutt's strut

Link

Consistently finishing in the top echelon of runners this pre-season, speedy midfielder Jason Tutt is ready to put the troubles of 2012 behind him.

After battling injuries in the past twelve months, Tutt is relishing a sound body and pushing himself to improve in all areas of his game, in particular his endurance and contested ball skills.

The 21-year-old’s impressive pre-season form has not gone unnoticed around the club, with his increased fitness beginning to draw praise from not only coaches but his teammates alike.

“I guess I get pretty positive feedback from my peers and from my coaches from the running side of things,” Tutt said.

“If I can take my speed and endurance out there and my kicking and add that [contested footy] as well, then that is a pretty good little package there.

“Even from this time last year I have improved and I reckon I will continue to improve and it just adds another string to my bow.”

Over the Christmas break instead of decreasing his training load, the Canberra product again ramped up his personal fitness program - and is now reaping the rewards.

“I have definitely stepped up the professionalism and I know what is required day in and day out,’ he said.

“In the break I was doing my runs and a fair bit of boxing and the other cardio… on top of that as well.

“Now I’m just doing the program and not necessarily doing any fitness extras but doing Pilates and core stability extras.

“In the footy drills at training it has been heaps better because I can run and get to spots other guys can’t and beat guys with the endurance that I’ve got – that is one of my strengths, so I am trying to use that.”

With the focus of the pre-season now leaning towards football drills, Tutt has every opportunity further develop his contested ball skills.

“I have to be [work] on my contested footy…and I am still doing that…but it’s good that the coaches are showing a fair bit of interest in me as well,” he said.

“That gives me good confidence that they are looking out for me and they [want to] help me improve and get better, so that when I play senior footy I am right to go.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tutt's strut

Go Tutty! Big year son. Bit of a tell the punters what they want to hear interview but wouldn't it be fabulous to see this translate into on field action in 4 to 5 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Tutt might be a big improver.
    Needs an injury free run.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. More good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is a champion in January, but I guess I would rather read this than not.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

His 2012 was ruined by injury, three hamstring injuries really left him behind the 8-ball

I believe he can make it, and hope that he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Everyone is a champion in January, but I guess I would rather read this than not.
    Yep.

Some of his efforts upon returning to the side last year were awful and among the worst I've seen at the top level, but I think he has more of a chance at making it than Howard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep.

Some of his efforts upon returning to the side last year were awful and among the worst I've seen at the top level, but I think he has more of a chance at making it than Howard.
    Can't argue with any of that. I'm willing to give Tutty the benefit of the doubt because of his injury plagued season. Howard on the other hand, just don't think he's a player.