Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contract info

Post Thanks / Like

Contract info

Just some various news about the Dogs. We know some of this to be untrue but the info on Hahn, McMahon and Power is interesting

The Western Bulldogs may turn their attention to contracted Port Adelaide key-forward Damon White following the re-signing yesterday of Ken McGregor by the Crows for two years.

With the Dogs' early targets -- Melbourne's Russell Robertson and McGregor -- now unavailable, White will be approached despite the Power's insistence that he is a required player next season.

Mitch Hahn remains out of contract at the Whitten Oval despite the Bulldogs' offer of a three-year contract. The dispute between player and club is over money, but the Dogs expect a deal to be struck.

Jordan McMahon, who is also out of contract with the Bulldogs, has requested to be retained and the club has offered him a two-year contract.

However, Sam Power is out of contract and has requested to be traded.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contract info

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just some various news about the Dogs. We know some of this to be untrue but the info on Hahn, McMahon and Power is interesting

The Western Bulldogs may turn their attention to contracted Port Adelaide key-forward Damon White following the re-signing yesterday of Ken McGregor by the Crows for two years.

With the Dogs' early targets -- Melbourne's Russell Robertson and McGregor -- now unavailable, White will be approached despite the Power's insistence that he is a required player next season.

Mitch Hahn remains out of contract at the Whitten Oval despite the Bulldogs' offer of a three-year contract. The dispute between player and club is over money, but the Dogs expect a deal to be struck.

Jordan McMahon, who is also out of contract with the Bulldogs, has requested to be retained and the club has offered him a two-year contract.

However, Sam Power is out of contract and has requested to be traded.
    Where did that come from GVG?
    Good news on Jordy if true.

edit: ok found it in the australian, all taken with a grain of salt
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

If true thats good news regarding Jordie - he didn't look like a man on the move at the B & F in his Peter Jackson suit. I strongly believe it is in both Jordans and the clubs best interests that he stay. Jordan was in the top 10 for much of the night at the B&F and finished with 42 votes - clearly he died as the season went on.

I think he really needs to put his best footy together with us, and that a change of club wouldnt help propel him forward, and we need to be able to harness his abilities and turn him into the player he should be.

I noticed Sam Power surrounded by a couple of good looking girls at the B&F - which was two more than I noticed last year. Interesting to see how many votes he got towards the end of the year in the B & F - I think there was one game where he was the only player awarded votes.

Post Thanks / Like

So realistically what could we expect to get for Power, and who would want him?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    So realistically what could we expect to get for Power, and who would want him?
    We won't get much but it might offset anything that we have to trade for Callan.
    There would probably be a couple of clubs interested in him.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think we actually are interested in Callan? Or just another rumour?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Do you think we actually are interested in Callan? Or just another rumour?
    Reported in the paper which adds some credit but it could of course be speculation.

Post Thanks / Like

If both the Power and Callan rumours are true then could it be possible they are related? I thought Power did a good job as a tagger towards the end of the year and I heard Eade say in an interview that finding out that Power could tag was a positive to take from the season. If its true that Callan has been targetted by us for a lock down role then maybe Power has his nose out of joint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If both the Power and Callan rumours are true then could it be possible they are related? I thought Power did a good job as a tagger towards the end of the year and I heard Eade say in an interview that finding out that Power could tag was a positive to take from the season. If its true that Callan has been targetted by us for a lock down role then maybe Power has his nose out of joint.
    I know people have said he did a good job tagging, but I don't believe he did, go back and check the stats. He kept Goodwin quiet for the first half of the game and thats all he did as a tagger. The guy has been very dissapointing and should have been traded last year, he can be a good player but has had his chance at the dogs, a change would be good all round..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I know people have said he did a good job tagging, but I don't believe he did, go back and check the stats. He kept Goodwin quiet for the first half of the game and thats all he did as a tagger. The guy has been very dissapointing and should have been traded last year, he can be a good player but has had his chance at the dogs, a change would be good all round..
    Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job. Keeping Rob Harvey a guy who is notorious for mauling us to 16 touches while getting 20 of your own would be one of those jobs. The problem is alot of the time with guys like Power and Ray unless Eade comes out and tells us after the game that they were playing a tagging role we dont even realise. Ray is in the same boat he must have played a run with role 7 or 8 times this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job. Keeping Rob Harvey a guy who is notorious for mauling us to 16 touches while getting 20 of your own would be one of those jobs. The problem is alot of the time with guys like Power and Ray unless Eade comes out and tells us after the game that they were playing a tagging role we dont even realise. Ray is in the same boat he must have played a run with role 7 or 8 times this season.
    Yeah, your probably right, I too have not been a fan of him. Any way, lets hope we can use him as part of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Never been a big defender of Power and have in fact been one of his harshest critics but I think you will find he did more than one good tagging job.
    Yes, he played a couple of good games, but then finished with a couple of ordinary ones. Hodge tore him apart after quarter time vs Hawthorn, and to me he just did not look at all interested vs the Kangaroos. He didn't even seem to have an opponent for most of that game.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

If Sam Power has put his hand up to be traded, realisticly, what would we expect for him?

I reckon a pick between 40 & 55 myself. A late 3rd round or early 4th round pick if it's a pick we want.

We seem to have quite a few picks so it may be for a player, in which case we'll have to wait and see.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see any club giving up a draft pick for him, so his only chance would be to be traded for a player.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W W Biscuit View Post
    Yes, he played a couple of good games, but then finished with a couple of ordinary ones. Hodge tore him apart after quarter time vs Hawthorn, and to me he just did not look at all interested vs the Kangaroos. He didn't even seem to have an opponent for most of that game.
    I've seen this posted a few times and it's becoming a bit of an urban myth.

Power was on Hodge in the first quarter and Hodge didn't get a touch.

Power was on Hodge in the 2nd quarter and Hodge was well on top and started having an influence.

Boyd was on Hodge for the last half when Hodge went beserk. I couldn't tell for sure who was on Hodge at the end when he kicked tose last 3-4 goals because I had my hands over my eyes.