Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contract info

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contract info

How has tim callan's form in the VFL been this year?
    Woud it warrant a game if he played for anybody apart from geelong?

Post Thanks / Like

Also what are your thoughts on damon white?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    I think he won the Geelong VFL team's B&F. If he was on the Bulldogs list and looked like winning the W'Bee B+F I'm sure he would have played quite a few games in the senior team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    His had a great season in the VFL. Cats fans rate him as a very good player.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that Damon White is what we need.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If Sam Power has put his hand up to be traded, realisticly, what would we expect for him?

I reckon a pick between 40 & 55 myself. A late 3rd round or early 4th round pick if it's a pick we want.

We seem to have quite a few picks so it may be for a player, in which case we'll have to wait and see.
    Would Brisbane be interested in Power?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would Brisbane be interested in Power?
    Not too sure, but there would be 3 or 4 clubs that might see a bit of value in Sam.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    His had a great season in the VFL. Cats fans rate him as a very good player.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that Damon White is what we need.
    Agree with both

I believe Callan is a pretty good player - but I've not seen a lot of him at AFL level - if hes hungry enough then he could become a player

White is not what we need - we need to get a few more key position forward prospects through the draft and then look to develop Tiller, Everitt, Williams, Skipper, Minson and Wight rather than plug in some other clubs fringe

Its time for us to develop some forwards of our own - we've hardly had a forward since Beasley - ok so Delre was far more talented than many would realise, but its time for another surely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    we've hardly had a forward since Beasley - ok so Delre was far more talented than many would realise, but its time for another surely
    Chris was handy up forward I know you mean a FF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If Sam Power has put his hand up to be traded, realisticly, what would we expect for him?

I reckon a pick between 40 & 55 myself. A late 3rd round or early 4th round pick if it's a pick we want.

We seem to have quite a few picks so it may be for a player, in which case we'll have to wait and see.
    I was talking about this with an Essendon mate at work today and he offered up a direct swap for Courtney Johns. He thought Power was a good match for them and whilst Johns is injury prone he has the size that we need plus is probably a player worth being maintained on a list for another season or so.

Not sure what to make of it but a Power for a tall with some senior experience and potential might be better than Power for a draft selection.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I was talking about this with an Essendon mate at work today and he offered up a direct swap for Courtney Johns. He thought Power was a good match for them and whilst Johns is injury prone he has the size that we need plus is probably a player worth being maintained on a list for another season or so.

Not sure what to make of it but a Power for a tall with some senior experience and potential might be better than Power for a draft selection.
    I'd take that! I don't really rate Courtney Johns but he'd be better than a latish pick.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be overly interested in Damon White. Would be better off with McGregor at least he gives you an honest contest and some presence not that I want him either. White just seems to float around without any real conviction or hunger for the contest.