Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate a team in 2013: Carlton

The Blues - another popular team among Dogs Fans.

Looked the goods a couple of seasons back, then fell away last season and got their coach sacked.

Couldn't trade for the KPF they need, but brought a coach, a very good flag winning coach.

So we have a good coaching experiment: roughly the same under performing team as 2012 plus Malthouse in 2013.

Will Mick be the Blues faithful's saviour, or will he end his career on the same treacherous navy blue rocks as Pagan foundered on.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate a team in 2013: Carlton

They've got some exciting talent on their list.

Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Yarran, Betts, Garlett, Waite, Jamison, Scotland and Simpson are all very good players. The problem is consistency; Kreuzer/Gibbs need to be more influential, Yarran must be more consistent, Waite needs to be injury/suspension free etc.

Some decent young talls coming through the system. I think Casboult can make an impact, but having said all that, I don't think their list is as good as the top four or so.

I predict they'll be around 5th or 6th.

Post Thanks / Like

They do have some talent but still lacking quality talls down the spine. They should play finals but not top 4.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Mick Malthouse having an impact at Carlton, they can match it with the best but don't win the games they should. Will keep the top 4 honest.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Mick Malthouse took the job just to get back at Eddie. Even Calrton fans themselves suspect this. He's not there for the long haul and I bet they have a new coach within the next season and a half.
    6th or 5th.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Robinson has been transformed into iron man by the blues marketing department, since his brush with death at the Big Day out.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I have big question marks on Carlton as a legitimate contender. My impressions are a bit too soft between the ears, lacking in consistent, quality key position players. Midfield looks good, they have a lot of pace to burn.

I expect them to win a few big games but flounder a little as the season progresses - should finish between 6th - 10th but will be very surprised to see them play deep into September.

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon 6 -10.
    Malthouse will take a look at the list this season, then implement the Axe.
    Very heavy reliant on Judd and Murphy and possibly Waite( doesn't play enough though)