Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Greatest culture in Aussie Rules History

Just trying to garnish some thoughts on Brad Scott's Big statement.
    The CEO said they have the best young coach in the league
    Personally don't think he's the best coach in his family.
    John Longmire says hello also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greatest culture in Aussie Rules History

A 'meme' that went around facebook last year had the Scott brothers shaking hands at a press conference, with the line borrowed from a health fund 'What would you do if you met a healthier version of yourself?'.

Sums up my thoughts on Brad Scott. He really is a poor man's Chris Scott.

As for the greatest culture in Aussie Rules history, give me a break.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news... for non North Melbourne supporters

It seems NMFC are the only ones left that still buy his bullshit, fingers crossed he can set them back another 8-10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Proof will be in the pudding from a coaching perspective. I think the Kangaroos can take a step forward this year, and that last years game style was the first step in a plan towards a more hollistic way of playing the game.

We all know that the way they played last year wasn't going to be good enough to take them beyond the first week of the finals, whilst getting them there. I don't care what you think about the guy, he's not a fool and he'd know that just as well as we do.

I'm fairly well shocked that any club official would talk up their own culture at any stage least of all when they've not had success, rather, I'd think that sort of thing would be demonstrated by long term results on a range of different levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Proof will be in the pudding from a coaching perspective. I think the Kangaroos can take a step forward this year, and that last years game style was the first step in a plan towards a more hollistic way of playing the game.
    To be honest I don't mind the Kangas, but they are in serious danger of slipping. They have gone from the softest draw to one of the hardest draws, lost H-Mac who was their second best ruckman, and will again rely on Harvey for outside sparkle (although Wells should continue to improve).

Their midfield is strange - they have enough tough inside mids, yet they lost alot of the stats they should be winning (contested ball, clearances etc).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    although Wells should continue to improve
    Big ask for a 28 year old to improve, I'm not sure he will ever be the player he promised to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    To be honest I don't mind the Kangas, but they are in serious danger of slipping. They have gone from the softest draw to one of the hardest draws, lost H-Mac who was their second best ruckman, and will again rely on Harvey for outside sparkle (although Wells should continue to improve).

Their midfield is strange - they have enough tough inside mids, yet they lost alot of the stats they should be winning (contested ball, clearances etc).
    Understand where you're coming from, for sure.

I suppose I just think they'll tighten up their game plan, much like we did in 2008 to become a team that is more holistic towards the way the game needs to be played to be competitive, rather than just focussing on a couple of strengths.

Their core is maturing now, and they'll be more likely to adapt to complicated aspects of a game plan compared to what they have been over the last couple of years.

Their list development is where I see ours being in 2015 or so. It will be interesting to see if our talent is definitive enough for us to be on a clear development path, and even moreso if the game plan for us can keep up or hopefully be ahead of the times.

For mine, the thing holding back the Kangaroos is whether their talent will take on the message of a somewhat marginalised coach. I don't think he's the dullard others do, we'll wait and see I guess.