Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment Round 9, 2019 vs Geelong

Ok the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Geelong tonight.

For me when Hunter chose to go short coming out of the defensive 50 to Will Hayes...just a low percentage kick, to Hayes overheard with a Geelong guy right on his hammer.
    The ensuring goal just stole the momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment Round 9, 2019 vs Geelong

With under 2 mins left in the 2nd, they banged 3 quick goals with winning clearances from the centre bounces. We went to sleep and they took advantage.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a moment when their first year player ran around our first year player and set up a goal...

Post Thanks / Like

The last 3 mins of the 2nd were critical.

The other moment was the 2 frees that Gowers gives away in the last. Score one of those and the score is within a goal. Score both and we are in front.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks lays a great tackle but instead of being rewarded the non controlling umpire pulls one from his back cheeks and reverses the decision.
    Four umpires make the wrong decision when ball goes over the boundary line from a kick out.
    Two goals to Cats when we should have received frees for dropping the ball.

7. Likes DOG GOD, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Dunks lays a great tackle but instead of being rewarded the non controlling umpire pulls one from his back cheeks and reverses the decision.
    Four umpires make the wrong decision when ball goes over the boundary line from a kick out.
    Two goals to Cats when we should have received frees for dropping the ball.
    Umps were horrible. They didn’t know the kick in rule.

Don’t reckon it cost us the match. But it was BS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Umps were horrible. They didn’t know the kick in rule.

Don’t reckon it cost us the match. But it was BS
    You know, I hate that F%@#ing new rule for kick outs after a behind is scored. Just changes our game and not for the better. Now the umpires cant even work out that if no one touches it and the ball goes out it is a free kick. LEARN THE RULES KNOBS
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Defining moment ...when they named the umpires.
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes Eastdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 5 minute brainfart at the end of the second quarter. We should go into half time 5 points down, instead we give up three easy goals by giving Geelong clean clearances.

Their connection into the F50 was supurb, the best I've seen all year. And they took their chances, we really need to keep our defensive mid on the defensive side of the contest in red time and we failed to do it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You know, I hate that F%@#ing new rule for kick outs after a behind is scored. Just changes our game and not for the better. Now the umpires cant even work out that if no one touches it and the ball goes out it is a free kick. LEARN THE RULES KNOBS
    Yep, it isnt too much to ask that the umpires know the rules. And if they don't then the automatic default shouldn't just give 'em all to the home side. I mean if a biased crowd is roaring it's approval it doesn't mean that they have got it right.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep, it isnt too much to ask that the umpires know the rules. And if they don't then the automatic default shouldn't just give 'em all to the home side. I mean if a biased crowd is roaring it's approval it doesn't mean that they have got it right.
    You’re getting super radical there with those subversive ideas. Next thing you’ll be saying that when you elbow someone in the head, it doesn’t count if you’re Gary Ablett.

Anyway ‘the moment’ was when we got within five points before half time, and they just found another gear. Any time they went inside 50, they scored, basically.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the moment was when Hayes had a shot at Goal and it went out of bounds. We dropped our heads after that
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    You’re getting super radical there with those subversive ideas. Next thing you’ll be saying that when you elbow someone in the head, it doesn’t count if you’re Gary Ablett.

Anyway ‘the moment’ was when we got within five points before half time, and they just found another gear. Any time they went inside 50, they scored, basically.
    I have always been a trouble maker and proud of it!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    With under 2 mins left in the 2nd, they banged 3 quick goals with winning clearances from the centre bounces. We went to sleep and they took advantage.
    Yep. This is my one too!

Think they kicked all 3 goals in one minute. Heartbreaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was it even mentioned by the AFL? I didn't see it but they might have. Definitely should have.