Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  99
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Liam Picken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liam Picken

Liam has started pretty well, and as an unrestricted free agent may get some good offers from clubs devoid of grunt, class and leadership. How many good performances do we need before offering him the two years he's probably wanting?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely give him two now he deserves it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I would give him 3 and front load it even if he did fall away a little in his last year imagine what he can teach the young ones coming up, And by then he is on a low wage.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Man, what a journey this bloke has had! Reading through the first few pages of this thread, it was genuinely being debated whether he was good enough to take Dylan Addison's role as a defensive forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Man, what a journey this bloke has had! Reading through the first few pages of this thread, it was genuinely being debated whether he was good enough to take Dylan Addison's role as a defensive forward.
    As if that's a debate worth having - of course Addison was better.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next to Bont he's our 2nd best player right now. Difficult to think of an area of his game now that he doesn't excel in.

Post Thanks / Like

Humans first, sportspeople second. Hoping Picko is ok concussions can potentially have far greater repercussions than missing the rest of the game or the following week. Sometimes pics can say a 1000 words.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSny36LDazr/
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Doc26, bulldogtragic, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Humans first, sportspeople second. Hoping Picko is ok concussions can potentially have far greater repercussions than missing the rest of the game or the following week. Sometimes pics can say a 1000 words.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSny36LDazr/
    Breaks my heart. Poor kid, it can't be good to see that happen to dad on telly hear all the boof head opinions from the commentary team and try and deal with the thought process at that age.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this guys fearlessness, but I do wonder regarding his long term well being. Over the years we've all seen him take bigger hits and higher hits than most players will in their career. I hope none of that leaves any lasting effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised there wasn't any suggestion of a penalty for the Freo player. Left the ground, barging through, elbow to the head, knee to the head on the way down. Purely incidental and in the context of winning a loose ball but that doesn't seem to matter at all in amongst all the hysteria of the head being sacrosanct.

Other than that I thought the umpire was poor in discharging his duty of care by allowing play to continue on top of a player out cold for as long as he did.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picko is tough as nails. When I saw him out cold like that on the ground it did not look good but I sort of knew that he'd get up again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Signed a two year deal!!!!!!!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs midfielder Liam Picken has signed a two-year deal that will see him remain at the Club to at least the end of 2019.

The re-signing is off the back of arguably Picken’s best season in 2016, where he averaged 22 disposals and was named the Bulldogs’ best finals player.

Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney said the Club was delighted to have Picken commit for a further two years, particularly considering his outstanding form of late.

“Liam has been a reliable player and great teammate for such a long time with his attack on the footy and toughness.

“It’s also been great to see him complement these attributes with the growth in the offensive side to his game over the past couple of years.

“His consistency in work rate, attitude and professionalism has enabled Liam to perform very well in big games, evident throughout the 2016 finals series.”

Picken said he looked forward to remaining at the kennel for another two years.

“I was more than happy to re-sign, hopefully we’ve got some more exciting times coming up, it was an easy decision.”

Picken was the 30th selection in the 2009 rookie draft as a mature-aged recruit, he has played 180 career games.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While some players should be restricted to one year deals once they turn 30 Liam Picken is an exception. I think we've done the right thing for the player and the club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's earnt a two year deal and then some. Will never have to buy a beer at a pub when he retires.