Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Andrew Demetriou says an interchange cap is coming in 2014 and that is final

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So given some time I assume the same people that had an issue with the aethsetic of the game then (which happen to be the same who have an issue with it now), will want to do something to change it again, once they realise they want to make it better!

I've always said that coaches will be risk averse with fatigued playes, meaning they'll do everything they can not to be scored against. So you're spot on, as far as I'm concerned, in that they'll just put numbers back and coach to find a way forward through slow considered movement.
    The rules committee have never been great if-then thinkers and it would seem that they refuse to learn from their mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Andrew Demetriou says an interchange cap is coming in 2014 and that is final

Cap could cause flooding: Longmire

Bookmark this article as I think Longmire is on the money.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cap could cause flooding: Longmire

Bookmark this article as I think Longmire is on the money.
    Jesus Christ.

We all know that AFL coaches will put fatigued players behind the ball to rest them and stop opposition teams scoring against them. This is one of my biggest frustrations with the capping rule. The good teams will just stifle their opponents, and back their better players to use the ball going forward more effectively.

The AFL is a very very lucky no other football code in the country can get its shit together. It's an absolute gravy train for some to get a lick out of. I continually have to pinch myself over the fact these dickheads have free reign to run the competition without anyone stepping in and calling shenannigans.

They're impressed by Longmire and Malthouse, so they decide they might add a layer of governance over the ridiculous tampering with the game's rules that go on each year. What a load of bullshit.