Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Sheahan top 50

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I've never paid too much attention to Mike Shehan's top fiddy. Most have been based on his current and passed man crushes he has. If you can kick a couple of flashy goals a game your in!
    I'm completely numb towards the vast majority of the football media these days.

It shows a lot that I maybe go to The Age for a couple of columnists pieces, and here for football writing (as I rate the people around here to the point where they're a fantastic vetting system of noise). I don't watch any of the major football shows on TV anymore either, they're just BS.

Cross media ownership has ruined the reporting and analyis of the game. From a commercial perspective the guy on the radio also has a spot on TV, and he uses his spot on TV to sell the next day's paper. Who could seriously be bothered with that?

I'll take interacting with you degenerates over that any day of the week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'll take interacting with you degenerates over that any day of the week!
    Pretty good point. At least we are passionate degenerates about our team and the game, while most of the media are passionate about themselves.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Big calls to put Goodes & Cox that high - both awesome in their prime, but can they stay injury free and still play at their normal level? The drop off tends to be pretty quick (Johnno's penultimate season had him at 4th in our B&F). I probably have the same question marks over Glass, who is 32 in May.

I know some don't want to hear it, but Callan Ward is stiff to miss out - carried his team last year, becoming a very complete footballer. Andrew Swallow could very well shoot up the rankings too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I was about to comment, then I thought to myself, “Meh.”

It's an arbitrary list that tells the world absolutely nothing other than his own opinions and evaluations of the AFL playing group. It's no better than listing his fantasy team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Big calls to put Goodes & Cox that high - both awesome in their prime, but can they stay injury free and still play at their normal level? The drop off tends to be pretty quick (Johnno's penultimate season had him at 4th in our B&F). I probably have the same question marks over Glass, who is 32 in May.

I know some don't want to hear it, but Callan Ward is stiff to miss out - carried his team last year, becoming a very complete footballer. Andrew Swallow could very well shoot up the rankings too.
    Cox is going to be rested a lot this year, thats already been decided by WCE, they want him fresh come finals time. Wouldn't be surprised if he misses 7 or 8 games.