Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 - Other Matches

I know it's early, but what is the Melbourne game plan?
    Jack Viney is their best player! An indictment on the rest of their list.
    Jack Watts has no work ethic, in fact the whole side hasn't.
    An awful incident for Pedersen ducking his head in a marking contest.( being reminded constantly)
    Ollie Wines looks impressive also , in fact Port look an improved outfit under Hinkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Kind of like ourselves?

Without Giansiracusa, Murphy and Morris we'd have looked a touch weaker today, particularly with Boyd off the park.

To be fair to your comment though, I don't know a lot about St Kilda's emerging players. I like the way Siposs moves, and Steven looks to be a pretty good player in the making. Agree it will be an interesting few years for them.
    I wouldn't say say. Murphy and Morris don't seem to have a natural replacement as yet, but I think the depth is there to cover Gia (Dickson, Higgins, Stringer), and Boyd and Cross (Libba, Stevens, Smith, Wallis). Lake is already gone and Roughead looks to be developing quicker than expected at FB.

At St Kilda Sipposs might be ok, Mcevoy is already their number 1 ruck, Stevens has come on now, and Saad might become a player, but I haven't seen much more. That doesn't replace Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Milne, and Fisher who are all 30+ and the best 6 players at the club. Other than Melbourne who look a rabble with a list they continue to try to make worse I can't see another club with less upside than St Kilda.

Post Thanks / Like

What can be said about Melbourne that hasn't already?

I was working at the game so I only saw bits and pieces, but they are absolutely pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I was working at the game so I only saw bits and pieces, but they are absolutely pathetic.
    My Mum is a Melbourne supporter and thought they were terrible too. They should have looked at us yesterday and believed they could get a big win because not too many gave us a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

They have some good kids in their side. What they lack is a bit of common sense leadership. Their board is pathetic ( tanking scandle; it kills the culture of a club)
    Jack Grimes as captain is lunacy. They're always making daft decisions.
    Viney is the only thing that's gone right for them,best on field ( sad isn't it ) and only then because of the father and son rule they couldn't stuff it up.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else have doubts on Neeld?

I get no sense of charisma or leadership from him.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I wouldn't say say. Murphy and Morris don't seem to have a natural replacement as yet, but I think the depth is there to cover Gia (Dickson, Higgins, Stringer), and Boyd and Cross (Libba, Stevens, Smith, Wallis). Lake is already gone and Roughead looks to be developing quicker than expected at FB.

At St Kilda Sipposs might be ok, Mcevoy is already their number 1 ruck, Stevens has come on now, and Saad might become a player, but I haven't seen much more. That doesn't replace Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Milne, and Fisher who are all 30+ and the best 6 players at the club. Other than Melbourne who look a rabble with a list they continue to try to make worse I can't see another club with less upside than St Kilda.
    Couldn't agree more . I think we've got the mids covered , but Murphy and Morris will be hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Anyone else have doubts on Neeld?

I get no sense of charisma or leadership from him.......
    He's going to feel some heat if they don't improve.
    He has recruited for a quick jolt up the table, but some of those he brought in are very average. They look to me to have no game plan or if they have one the players haven't embraced it. They also don't work hard enough, and Port smashed them in uncontested ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoying the Dees. Enjoying the Dees. Schadenfreude at its best.

Post Thanks / Like

The curse continues .
    It's getting to billy goat proportions
    Hawks had Mitchell Sewell and Lewis star again and not win.
    They need some help and their forward line looked without buddy firing looked poor.
    Buddy seemed more intent on fighting and carrying on than getting the ball.
    Varcoe is a big inclusion for this season , and gotta admire their recruiting .