Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Western Bulldogs could reap about $750,000 if they play home games in Geelong

$400,000.00 profit for a crowd of say 12,000 would be mountains better than 18,000 at Etihad for nil return.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Western Bulldogs could reap about $750,000 if they play home games in Geelong

I'd jump at it personally ( read the fine print though)
    Wonder if any inducements for Cat members will happen?
    Have to have a form of transportation to Geelong .
    Certainly a better option than Darwin, Canberra or NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say one Edward McGuire had some interesting thoughts.
    Reckons Norf still won flags with no money, so it can be done.
    One would say the game has gone to another stratosphere since then Eddie!!
    I wonder if he really "Wants" an equalised comp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gotta say one Edward McGuire had some interesting thoughts.
    Reckons Norf still won flags with no money, so it can be done.
    One would say the game has gone to another stratosphere since then Eddie!!
    I wonder if he really "Wants" an equalised comp.
    I'm sure Eddie likes sitting on his perch right were he is. Perish the thought of the Wobbles being on equal levels with the rest of the crowd.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    With Live games on TV now, and the thought of travelling an hour down the road (longer for others), and seeing the team get beaten, we may not get that sort of crowd.
    I wonder if V/Line might be inclined to do a deal with us so that Members get free train fares From Southern Cross?

Of course its all Academic if the AFL forces us to play at Etihad.

Post Thanks / Like

With Live games on TV now, and the thought of travelling an hour down the road (longer for others), and seeing the team get beaten, we may not get that sort of crowd.
    What proportion of our members would live in the west?

Pretty easy trip for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be happy to travel from the eastern suburbs to Geelong for a couple of home games per season. As long as they weren't Sunday twilight games, makes the trip home a very late one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    That's $750k for a crowd of 22,000. I doubt the club could get that many people to a Kardinia Park game the isn't vs Geelong. You'd be looking around the 8,000 - 13,000 crowd mark playing games down there.
    Half of $750k >>> writing a cheque.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Geelong so it sounds like a fine idea to me!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I could live with this ONLY if games down there are against GWS, SUNS Power & Freo, rest of Home games MUST be at Etihad...JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Much rather play games at Geelong than Canberra and Darwin..... I really enjoyed watching the footy there a few years ago......Pity that we can't use Princes Park or Whitten Oval... Good suburban footy atmosphere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Much rather play games at Geelong than Canberra and Darwin..... I really enjoyed watching the footy there a few years ago......Pity that we can't use Princes Park or Whitten Oval... Good suburban footy atmosphere.
    I hate cheats Park.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate cheats Park.
    I don't really like the way we were treated by Carlton FC when we were a co-tenant, or the attitude they take to the rest of the competition in a general sense, but I really rate Princess Park as the second best ground I've watched football at, behind Etihad.

The MCG is fantastic if you have amazing seats however.

I've not been to AAMI Park yet, though I've heard that the way it's been designed makes a game with minimal crowd have a huge impact on the viewing experience due to the atmosphere the accoustics of the place create, complemented by how close you are to the pitch.

I'd love to see a 20-25K capacity ground built on the inner western side of the city designed with these characteristics.

Post Thanks / Like

If the AFL is going to look into buying Etihad, it needs to have a serious think about the impact of rising waters. An Article in The Age in 2012 predicted the whole of the Docklands area could be seriously impacted by floods in the near future

Last edited by Ghost Dog; 24-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    That's $750k for a crowd of 22,000. I doubt the club could get that many people to a Kardinia Park game the isn't vs Geelong. You'd be looking around the 8,000 - 13,000 crowd mark playing games down there.
    Don't underestimate Geelong supporters, half of them would have us as their second side, i tend to think it would be well Over 22000 every game.
    Add to that how many dogs supporters live around Geelong and outer areas.
    Bring back the biff