Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Dale Morris finally has his day after suffering a broken leg back in 2011

About a month ago, Macca said he could see Dale playing a few years yet. One year at a time is about right, from here on its downhill all the way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Dale Morris finally has his day after suffering a broken leg back in 2011

Great to have his steadying influence on our young defence .
    What a pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    Give him the captaincy next year too.
    I have been watching the bulldogs since the late 50's.

In all that time my favourite Bulldog (with the obvious exception of EJ) was back man John Jillard.

I rate John as the second best Bulldog I have ever seen. Here I must admit to never having seen Allan Hopkins (thank goodness, I don't want to be that old) who my grandfather maintained until his dying day was the best Bulldog ever.

In recent years I have had a new favourite, Dale Morris, the thinking woman's footballer of choice.

Like JJ I love the way he gives his all, and goes about his job in the backline with no fuss or fanfare. His courage to come back after the serious leg break is unquestioned; and I congratulate the club on extending his contract....... but only for one year ? Come on guys he's worth far more than that.

And I whole heartedly support the "Dale Morris for Captain movement" .... not that I see anything wrong with Matty Boyd's reigning captaincy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I have been watching the bulldogs since the late 50's.

In all that time my favourite Bulldog (with the obvious exception of EJ) was back man John Jillard.

I rate John as the second best Bulldog I have ever seen. Here I must admit to never having seen Allan Hopkins (thank goodness, I don't want to be that old) who my grandfather maintained until his dying day was the best Bulldog ever.

In recent years I have had a new favourite, Dale Morris, the thinking woman's footballer of choice.

Like JJ I love the way he gives his all, and goes about his job in the backline with no fuss or fanfare. His courage to come back after the serious leg break is unquestioned; and I congratulate the club on extending his contract....... but only for one year ? Come on guys he's worth far more than that.And I whole heartedly support the "Dale Morris for Captain movement" .... not that I see anything wrong with Matty Boyd's reigning captaincy.
    When you're the wrong side of 30 and coming back from a serious injury, you're a year by year proposition, unless you're Gary Ablett. 1 Year is fair enough, and if he's still fit and firing ye'll probably take another year at the end of next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    ... the thinking woman's footballer of choice. ...
    Right on Jeanette!

A very special player is Dale. Glad he has been retained for another year and we can take it for granted that he will give his utmost next season. I've said it before, he just doesn't play like he's come out of an horrendous injury. Amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Dale, and want to see him play until he's 45. But as the captain, no. I honestly don't think older players should be captain, as it can make it tougher to make the hard calls when it comes to their time to step back a bit. Look at Boyd — it's taken him a season to adjust to the fact he's no longer Ball Getter #1 in the midfield.

Let him play unhindered by the captain role. Griff really deserves it anyhow.