Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 - Other Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Whatever the case is - the Etihad roof should be closed ALWAYS.

On Saturday it was dreadful for the players and spectators - with the contrasts between sunlight and shaded areas.

There ended up being a distinct advantage to one end....where the forwards could actually see.
    Collo just trying to save some money for the stadium investors - he couldn't give a toss about the crowd or the players, all he wants is to give his investors a greater bottom line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Collo just trying to save some money for the stadium investors - he couldn't give a toss about the crowd or the players, all he wants is to give his investors a greater bottom line.
    Didn't Collo retire sometime ago. PS: Don't disagree with the rest of your comment.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Can't he do both?
    Approaching the ground manager and giving him a gobful, he looks a sook.
    Mention it after the game, but really they gave up a 7 goal lead .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Approaching the ground manager and giving him a gobful, he looks a sook.
    Mention it after the game, but really they gave up a 7 goal lead .
    Not sure about other posters, but I hate the Scott Brothers, and that sooking was the exact reason why.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure about other posters, but I hate the Scott Brothers, and that sooking was the exact reason why.
    I'm a bit split on them. I don't mind Chris, he was a good player in his day, has a bit of wit and can be quite humurous at times. He seems more comfortable with who he is too and doesn't try to big up himself all the time to compensate.

Brad Scott was a very average player who based him game on ganging up on opposition young players and taking weak cheap shots, all while his talented team mates got the ball and won games for the team so he could mouth of afterwards. By comparison to his coaching he was a very talented footballer. So he's a perfect fit for Norf, untalented and bitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Great win by the Hawks... That fact that it was over 30 degrees makes it all the more impressive considering they powered to the line after the game was in the balance at 3/4 time.

I had a little flutter on the Hawks at the 20-39 margain... How the Eagles let them win by 50pts is a *!*!*!*!ing disgrace.
    While it was a great win, does it also say that the Eagles might just be struggling. A few injuries and they seem to be lacking the elite midfielder. From the radio call it seemed that Cox may have struggled a bit on Bailey.

With Lynch gone and Natanui injured, could the Eagles be the slider from last years top 4.
    2012 form would have had an Eagles win.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a bit of footage of Cox and gotta say he looks in trouble.
    May have tipped over the edge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Watched a bit of footage of Cox and gotta say he looks in trouble.
    May have tipped over the edge?
    Not the player he was, but he will still be effective when NicNat returns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Brad Scott was a very average player who based him game on ganging up on opposition young players and taking weak cheap shots, all while his talented team mates got the ball and won games for the team so he could mouth of afterwards. By comparison to his coaching he was a very talented footballer. So he's a perfect fit for Norf, untalented and bitter.
    Brad Scott theory of coaching:

Yeah we lost, but we had more inside 50's for disposal average and won all of the key indicators we determined to be key, so in a way we were the much better team.

I do find it almost perfect that Geelong got the gun footballer and a flag and North got the hack footballer turned spin doctor and a hiding in an elimination final; sums up the clubs better than words ever could.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'm a bit split on them. I don't mind Chris, he was a good player in his day, has a bit of wit and can be quite humurous at times. He seems more comfortable with who he is too and doesn't try to big up himself all the time to compensate.

Hehehe, nearly wet myself reading that. Thanks Stache.

Didn't Collo retire sometime ago. PS: Don't disagree with the rest of your comment.
    Yeah he did. I had to stop filling out the stadium feedback forms.

Post Thanks / Like

Love em myself BAD. What I love most aside from their humor is that they are both pretty damn honest. I find a lot of other coaches beat around the bush, these guys are generally to the point, and I think makes them a lot more interesting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Love em myself BAD. What I love most aside from their humor is that they are both pretty damn honest. I find a lot of other coaches beat around the bush, these guys are generally to the point, and I think makes them a lot more interesting to watch.
    I like them more as coaches than I did as players. As you say - pretty honest and good humoured - and I have no problem with them been pretty emotional (outwardly) on game day.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the Geelong one is the cool brother and the Norf one is always trying to prove himself and get out of his shadow which makes him a bit of a dick.

That is my technical analysis of things.