Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne rebuild vs Bulldogs rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Tanking front an centre. They couldn't nail him and wouldn't be shocked if the Dees got a call from HQ.
    We'll help but get rid of Schwab.
    It's not that hard to fathom, is it.

To be honest I thought it was Neeld that would go first. What happens now if they get another couple of poor defeats at home against West Coast and GWS?

Sack the CEO, the coach! Sack everyone! Just don't expect the players to be harder than a poo sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it strange Schwab said the club had turned around financially but he was sacked for the failure on the field, was he the list manager as well?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I am backing the coach will be sacked due to lack of merchandise turnover.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Rohan Conolly writes the AFL should step in and administer the MCC. A bit of a silly call don't you all think? It's not like they haven't got enough nous around the place. And haven't they had enough on field assistance? List selection is a gamble. They either lost or didn't develop well. So it goes - just let it be. The became complacent with their board. Well, let them suffer through it.
    Dean Baily must finally feel a bit of justice has played out.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I have seen from the first time he was interviewed and the first time he coached tells me Neeld is simply not a good fit for Melbourne.

Time for the AFL to make Leigh Mathews an offer he can't refuse.

Post Thanks / Like

The obsession with young, untried coaches is laughable to be honest. They have been in vogue for a few seasons now, but there has been more failures than success stories with this demographic. For every Chris Scott there are 2-3 Bailey, Primus and Knights train wrecks - and Neeld looks like being the biggest train wreck of the lot.

Of all the teams in the AFL, Melbourne need an experienced, well-respected coach steering the ship - someone that has seen everything in the box and won't be spooked by opposition structures and tactics. Someone who will commands respect of the players and the off-field staff due to their previous output at other clubs. Basically any one of Rocket, Bomber, Choco and Roos would be ideal for the Demons, so I hope they keep hold of Neeld for much longer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The obsession with young, untried coaches is laughable to be honest. They have been in vogue for a few seasons now, but there has been more failures than success stories with this demographic. For every Chris Scott there are 2-3 Bailey, Primus and Knights train wrecks - and Neeld looks like being the biggest train wreck of the lot.

Of all the teams in the AFL, Melbourne need an experienced, well-respected coach steering the ship - someone that has seen everything in the box and won't be spooked by opposition structures and tactics. Someone who will commands respect of the players and the off-field staff due to their previous output at other clubs. Basically any one of Rocket, Bomber, Choco and Roos would be ideal for the Demons, so I hope they keep hold of Neeld for much longer
    Melbourne knocked back Kevin Sheedy. Didn't they?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I find it strange Schwab said the club had turned around financially but he was sacked for the failure on the field, was he the list manager as well?
    Incredibly 48 hrs earlier Mclardy said Schwab wasn't going to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

That's been happening for an eternity though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Incredibly 48 hrs earlier Mclardy said Schwab wasn't going to go!
    Melbourne is proof positive of the saying, you should judge people by their actions, not their words.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article on Melbourne from Tim Collins who runs a sports website

http://thesidelineagenda.com/2013/04...n-afl-rebuild/
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Great article on Melbourne from Tim Collins who runs a sports website

http://thesidelineagenda.com/2013/04...n-afl-rebuild/
    Great article BJ.

Post Thanks / Like

The article is a good read but to criticise Neeld and his staff based on what happened at training sessions conducted prior to their arrival at the club is a bit tough. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down I suppose...saying that 'nothing has changed' as using on-field performances as evidence of that is simply not fair.

If people were using 2011 examples from the Eade regime as evidence of what happens at the Dogs today we would all be calling for the journo's head.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The article is a good read but to criticise Neeld and his staff based on what happened at training sessions conducted prior to their arrival at the club is a bit tough. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down I suppose...saying that 'nothing has changed' as using on-field performances as evidence of that is simply not fair.

If people were using 2011 examples from the Eade regime as evidence of what happens at the Dogs today we would all be calling for the journo's head.
    While I agree with your point, I do see the article as suggesting that the problem is ingrained and deeper than the coach. Despite bringing a fitness guy who worked with Lyon at St Kilda, they simply haven't transferred anything onto the field.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I wouldn't be too quick to assume significant change in 2012 given North's assessment of Gysberts.

I also believe Neeld is on a hiding to nothing - Sheedy's comments about "getting the feeling they wanted a coach they could control" is telling.

Contrast this to B-Mac's approach. Some (many going on last year) may not agree with it, but there's little doubt B-Mac is doing things his way and not bending to the will of the board
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers