Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Which do you prefer; TV or Radio?

Watching AFL on TV means you have to put up with knobish commentary, annoying ads, and Tom Waterhouse. I've actually spent quite a few great afternoons recently with the radio on while hacking away in the garden. I have it on my laptop, so I can follow the AFL flash app at the same time. Then after, I watch the replay on AFL.com.au I found I don't really miss the TV much anymore.

Yourselves?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which do you prefer; TV or Radio?

TV. I Hate having to depend on radio to find out what's happening, with TV at least I get to see it for myself.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    TV. I Hate having to depend on radio to find out what's happening, with TV at least I get to see it for myself.
    Ditto. No comparison for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Foxtel ad free in HD, however, have to put up with the commentators.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yep. The coverage is brilliant, if they could get some decent commentators it would be perfect. I don't know why it's so bad, they'd be paying top dollars for the garbage we get from their current team.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the TV with the commentary turned down (and headphones on my ears, with lush tunes pumping through them), but when watching with others they seem to like the volume up and the commentary telling them the precise thing they see in front of them.

On the way up to a wedding I attended in Daylesford last Saturday, I was unfortunate enough to tune in to MMM at about 13:36. I heard three minutes of adverts, followed by two minutes of laughing and carrying on by the commentary team over someone who was in another media box trying to stem the blood coming from his nose by stuffing tissues in his nostrils. This was apparently the funniest thing the dullards of the MMM team had ever seen, though really, it turned into by far the worst example of radio I've ever listened to.

Anyway, after 8 minutes of listening to the MMM team talk about Fremantle, they went to adverts again and then just as they were going to the Bulldogs preview the reception cut out. Fair chance I'd have been extremely pissed off by anything these wankers would have said about my side anyway, so it was probably a blessing in disguise I didn't get to hear it.

Commercial radio coverage of AFL is completely weird to me, to be honest. It's so full of cheesy advertising it's not funny, and for mine it's completely unlistenable.

I do like the ABC, though I think Mark McClure is passed it. Even if he does speak to the broader demographic who listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the ABC coverage. Stan Alves and Gerard Whately are excellent, and liked Chris Connolly last season as well. ( not going to hear from him now)Dan from Droop st Lonergan is also someone I enjoy.
    Can't stand Bogan FM , the incessant ads on AW and SEN drive me nuts.
    Just constant sponsor plugs in the call drive me bonkers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Enjoy the ABC coverage. Stan Alves and Gerard Whately are excellent, and liked Chris Connolly last season as well. ( not going to hear from him now)Dan from Droop st Lonergan is also someone I enjoy.
    Can't stand Bogan FM , the incessant ads on AW and SEN drive me nuts.
    Just constant sponsor plugs in the call drive me bonkers.
    For radio this
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a message for the ABC .
    Please don't have Brent Harvey do special comments in Norf games.
    Seriously bad error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Commercial radio coverage of AFL is completely weird to me, to be honest. It's so full of cheesy advertising it's not funny, and for mine it's completely unlistenable.
    You mean rubbish brought to you by the likes of the Clive Peeters Scoreboard and the Home Hardware Mark of the Day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Telly.

I wish radio and telly commentary broadcasts were insync though, I'd mute the telly and turn up the radio.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The ABC VFL team are hilarious. They can't even remember each other's names, let alone the player's on the field.
    David Rhys Jones, too many concussions I guess.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Telly.

I wish radio and telly commentary broadcasts were insync though, I'd mute the telly and turn up the radio.
    IQ on pause for about 5 seconds and you are good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Sunday pre-match is my favourite for any sort of analysis. SEN's Sunday is quite good also. Obviously prefer to have the vision, so ultimately TV is the medium of choice especially for a Dogs game. Although am happy to have a Saturday afternoon game drifting along on the radio in the background while I doing other things. Although find the ads and constant jingles and insertion of sponsor's names very annoying on the commercial networks.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me