Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting ladder @ Round 5

See http://www.afl.com.au/ladder. Surprises all round.

They start near the bottom. The bottom 3 teams are no great surprise, but then the next three up have two finalists from 2012 (North & West Coast). For me, the Eagles are a real surprise and disappointment being there.

At the other end, of course, is the big story of Port. Early days and they could fall in a heap, but they have enviable resilience and fitness mixed with a fair bit of talent (how good have Wines & Wingard been?)

Is the top 8 set in stone, or could the Crows and Blues make it?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interesting ladder @ Round 5

West Coast look buggered to me .Big load is having an effect on Cox, and they're battling injuries.
    Think they'll return to winning ways this week.
    Port still have a young list and would be a gigantic effort to make the eight.
    Loss of Tippett has hurt the crows and they just don't look anywhere near as hungry as last season.
    Had a harder draw as well. Norf are still to one way for mine , and so many players play ahead of the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    See http://www.afl.com.au/ladder. Surprises all round.

They start near the bottom. The bottom 3 teams are no great surprise, but then the next three up have two finalists from 2012 (North & West Coast). For me, the Eagles are a real surprise and disappointment being there.

At the other end, of course, is the big story of Port. Early days and they could fall in a heap, but they have enviable resilience and fitness mixed with a fair bit of talent (how good have Wines & Wingard been?)

Is the top 8 set in stone, or could the Crows and Blues make it?
    Ollie Wines deserves a lot of credit - word on the street is he really didn't want to go to Port. He's embraced the club, and looks great.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the 8 will change much, if at all.

Roos have been stiff. Could easily be in the 8 but if you don't win the close ones, you won't win finals so largely irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I don't think the 8 will change much, if at all.

Roos have been stiff. Could easily be in the 8 but if you don't win the close ones, you won't win finals so largely irrelevant.
    Hardly set in stone.

Port have plenty to prove. They have beaten Melb, GWS, Gold Coast, a lack lustre Adelaide and a poor performing Eagles in Adelaide.

Wait until they beat someone with credibility before you declare them a finalist.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, as good as they've been Port have had an absolute dream draw to start the year off. They are no shoo in for finals and if they do make it, I'd expect it to be around the 7-8 mark.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton have a nice little run approaching, which should see them in the 8 come the half way mark (probably even by next week)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, as good as they've been Port have had an absolute dream draw to start the year off. They are no shoo in for finals and if they do make it, I'd expect it to be around the 7-8 mark.
    Roughly I have them winning 4 more for the rest of the season. So not even getting to double figures after 5 zip start.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget that Essendon might have their season compromised too. The Switkowski report is due to be handed down today. KB was saying this morning that six players might be involved in taking performance enhancing substances.

This is such an even season that anything could happen.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

WCE should win 5 of their next 6 easily.

They smashed Port but missed very easy shots on the weekend. Getting a few back from injury now too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Carlton have a nice little run approaching, which should see them in the 8 come the half way mark (probably even by next week)
    and then they have Ess, Hawks, Syd & Pies. They'll struggle to make the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

If they can't make finals they will tank like Demons.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be getting on them at missing the 8 great odds
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]