Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 7 - Other Matches

As much as I hate Lyons game plan, he can certainly get his players to follow the plan quickly. With all those key outs, the players really played team footy, and with griffin going down early, Hannath really stood up.
    If Walters can keep his head together, he will be a VERY good player.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Watched our former player Sam Reid for the giants again this week. Honestly, what did we see in him?? I think we did well getting a third rounder. Prudden's potential is better than Reid's performances this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Watched our former player Sam Reid for the giants again this week. Honestly, what did we see in him?? I think we did well getting a third rounder. Prudden's potential is better than Reid's performances this year.
    I always thought he was 15cm too short to play afl, he's a ruckman playing as a midfielder.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are disgraceful and at the moment if we played them we would win as we have been much more competitive in our games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Melbourne are disgraceful and at the moment if we played them we would win as we have been much more competitive in our games.
    But we get to play Melbourne's opponent GC next week... on what you have seen so far how do you think we will go?

Post Thanks / Like

he'll get delisted this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But we get to play Melbourne's opponent GC next week... on what you have seen so far how do you think we will go?
    If we play like we did in that final quarter last night then will get beat but if we bring that competitiveness that we had for 3 quarters for the whole match we can win I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

By no means taking next week lightly, GC should probably start favourite next week but you cant take anything out of this, Melbourne are shocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    By no means taking next week lightly, GC should probably start favourite next week but you cant take anything out of this, Melbourne are shocking.
    They are... but GC's ability to get outside the contest will worry us next week if they win their fare share of the ball and we allow them space.

They have some very exciting kids who are starting to become very capable.

Post Thanks / Like

They are... but GC's ability to get outside the contest will worry us next week if they win their fare share of the ball and we allow them space.

They have some very exciting kids who are starting to become very capable.
    How long do you reckon until they are finals bound?

Post Thanks / Like

Serious trouble next week. Melbourne are just deplorable, and their fans are to numb to boo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    How long do you reckon until they are finals bound?
    I think they will be seriously challenging for a finals spot in 2015... they may even do so next year, but might fall a little short.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Serious trouble next week. Melbourne are just deplorable, and their fans are to numb to boo.
    Like ours?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Would have been delisted. To be brutal he was only recruited to keep his mate Callan content.
    Running into open goal and he kicks it on the full.
    Nice bloke by all accounts, but not up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Like ours?
    They've got a few years on us, but I'm worrying that our fans will get "Resigned" to losing.
    If we don't show something soon I'll supply the blow torch on the coach myself