Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Callan?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim Callan?

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I think so. From the Geelong supporters I know they rate him as a hard at it and committed defender who can also play a bit in the midfield.
    I'm not sure if he is regarded as quick but he isn't slow.
    You get the feeling Callan was also pretty popular guy - given his status as Jimmy Bartels date at the Brownlow

I think its a situation in which we got to him first and sold him on a vision of him getting an opportunity with us, and Geelong dont have any major needs. They've got 6 odd players in the twos who would get a game for a lot of sides. I know I'd like to have Hawkins and Prismall on our fringes.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned it to a few Geelong supporters and jokingly have said that its the first step in the plan to get Jimmy Bartel....

Seeing as that they are close

Post Thanks / Like

So now its just the actual trade that needs to be sorted?
    ahh i dont like the feeling of trade week.....i have a sinking feeling we'll be syaing goodbye to Jordy

but back to Callan, it'll be interesting to see how he goes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
    So now its just the actual trade that needs to be sorted?
    ahh i dont like the feeling of trade week.....i have a sinking feeling we'll be syaing goodbye to Jordy

but back to Callan, it'll be interesting to see how he goes
    It's now just the finer points of if it's a 4th or 5th round selection. My understanding is that they have agreed to a range of a pick (say a pick between 45 or 55) and depending on the next day or so it can be completed. This is one trade that will go through.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's now just the finer points of if it's a 4th or 5th round selection. My understanding is that they have agreed to a range of a pick (say a pick between 45 or 55) and depending on the next day or so it can be completed. This is one trade that will go through.
    If we can't get a alte second-round for Power (or someone else) might we just swap second round picks with Geelong for Callan? (I think Sockeye was hinting this might happen on bf.)

In other words, we get Hudson and Callan for pick 22, with pick 34 going to the Crows. Geelong aren't going to use many picks this draft so don't really need our 4th or 5th rounder, especially as their last pick is already taken with a fs.

This would be a pretty good outcome for us imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    In other words, we get Hudson and Callan for pick 22, with pick 34 going to the Crows. Geelong aren't going to use many picks this draft so don't really need our 4th or 5th rounder, especially as their last pick is already taken with a fs.

This would be a pretty good outcome for us imo.
    So we send 22 to Geelong for Callan and 34

And then send 34 to Adelaide for Hudson

Cant imagine Adelaide being happy with this as Hudson is worth more than Callan

Callan will be traded for I suspect an exchange of our 4th/5th round pick so that Geelong select a bit earlier - Geelong wont use that many picks so they will be happy to give us a pick back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    So we send 22 to Geelong for Callan and 34

And then send 34 to Adelaide for Hudson

Cant imagine Adelaide being happy with this as Hudson is worth more than Callan

Callan will be traded for I suspect an exchange of our 4th/5th round pick so that Geelong select a bit earlier - Geelong wont use that many picks so they will be happy to give us a pick back
    I thought Adelaide had already agreed to receiving a second round pick from us (any second round pick as far as I know). If this is the case it's like the Ackermanis/McDougall deal last year when we effectively get two-for-one.

Geelong is using their last pick on an already nominated father-son so don't need to upgrade that pick. They seem likely to promote 1-2 rookies (Davenport and Lonergan) and so are going to struggle to find room for the mandatory 3 picks, let alone four. Makes much more sense for them to try and upgrade their 2nd round pick (and/or maybe their third if they want to have four picks).

Adelaide are probably being ripped off a bit if the deal goes like this, but it's still much better for them than having to let Hudson go in the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I thought Adelaide had already agreed to receiving a second round pick from us (any second round pick as far as I know). If this is the case it's like the Ackermanis/McDougall deal last year when we effectively get two-for-one.

Geelong is using their last pick on an already nominated father-son so don't need to upgrade that pick. They seem likely to promote 1-2 rookies (Davenport and Lonergan) and so are going to struggle to find room for the mandatory 3 picks, let alone four. Makes much more sense for them to try and upgrade their 2nd round pick (and/or maybe their third if they want to have four picks).

Adelaide are probably being ripped off a bit if the deal goes like this, but it's still much better for them than having to let Hudson go in the PSD.
    The papers have sepculated that Adelaide want between 22 and 29 as compensation for Hudson.

Fair point about the father-son, I now believe Callan will trade for an upgrade on a 3rd/4th round pick then. We will not be paying much for Callan.

IMHO theres ABSOLUTELY no way our number 22 is heading to Geelong as part of a deal for Callan. It might make more sense for Geelong but it is not going to happen. The most likely destination for pick 22 is Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    IMHO theres ABSOLUTELY no way our number 22 is heading to Geelong as part of a deal for Callan. It might make more sense for Geelong but it is not going to happen. The most likely destination for pick 22 is Adelaide.
    I can't see 22 going to Geelong either. I still don't think 22 is going to Adelaide either.

lukedarcy14 Guest

according to the hsun bulldogs will give geelong our last pick in the draft?