Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 72 123456789101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

End of Season - Trade Targets

What is the glaring gap (or gaps) in our list? Who would you target first to fill the void/s?

I think Jones needs another target, Austin, Marko and Grant aren't up to it. Ayce isn't there yet, Stringer needs time. So for me, a tall forward target is a must.

I'd love Robbie Tarant or Jack Darling, maybe Nathan Vardy, but would cost way too much. Perhaps Lachie Hansen, Jesse White might be a possibility? Or a 'roughy' like Mitch Brown from Geelong or Fraser MacInness from WCE, although they might want too much.

Any others suitors or other positions which need urgent attention??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: End of Season - Trade Targets

We need back up for Minson if gets injured....Hudson

Unless a good youngster turns up I would be content to build from the draft this year.

Interested in seeing if Frawley and Blease are available. In saying Frawley, I'd draft via PSD and do a deal with GWS to avoid them drafting them. I wouldn't give up our high first round pick for Frawley and he is worth that. In saying Blease he offers speed. In saying Melbourne, I am assuming players will want to get out as some have already demonstrated.

Don't know enough of GWS and GC list but would have a look there. Speed, ball use and marking power are the needs

Post Thanks / Like

Would love Trent Mckenzie from GCOAST.
    Jack darling from weagles
    Nathan vardy from cats

Can I wake up now.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 20 or near could be worth some currency. What could that get us realistically??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What is the glaring gap (or gaps) in our list? Who would you target first to fill the void/s?

I think Jones needs another target, Austin, Marko and Grant aren't up to it. Ayce isn't there yet, Stringer needs time. So for me, a tall forward target is a must.

I'd love Robbie Tarant or Jack Darling, maybe Nathan Vardy, but would cost way too much. Perhaps Lachie Hansen, Jesse White might be a possibility? Or a 'roughy' like Mitch Brown from Geelong or Fraser MacInness from WCE, although they might want too much.

Any others suitors or other positions which need urgent attention??
    I'm not sure whether we desperately need a key forward as much as you think we do.

Jones is starting to improve, Stringer isn't as far away from a regular game as we might think, Grant has more to offer, Williams will play forward once he's back, Ayce is lingering, Roberts is on the list.

None of them are very good quality players right now but there's 6 of them! If we can't sort our problems out with these guys already there then why are they on the list? And why in such abundance?

It seems pretty clear that we need a bit more class up forward because Gia and Murph won't be there forever and we look hopeless without those two guys there. Higgins is always injured also.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post

Jones is starting to improve, Stringer isn't as far away from a regular game as we might think, Grant has more to offer, Williams will play forward once he's back, Ayce is lingering, Roberts is on the list.
    Grant will be delisted, and I have no faith in Cordy (ability) or Williams (always injured). Hope to see more of Roberts (who can play back) soon.

Recruiting a good tall forward wouldn't hurt us. Ditto a CHB.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Grant will be delisted, and I have no faith in Cordy (ability) or Williams (always injured). Hope to see more of Roberts (who can play back) soon.

Forward who can play back... Mitch Brown from Geelong, Lachie Hansen from North. ARe they worth pick 20??

Post Thanks / Like

Forward who can play back... Mitch Brown from Geelong, Lachie Hansen from North. ARe they worth pick 20??
    I'm in two minds about trading this year or even next.

We're well on our way to a bottom 3 finish this year and logic suggests we'll get the spoon next year. Dunno if it's worth trading good picks now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

How do you think we will recruit a good tall forward? How many good tall forwards do you think are running around at the moment?

You can't be sure on Grant, neither can anyone, until he's given game time. Even if he isn't given a fair run this year, when we go to get rid of him he'll probably be picked up by another club for cheap and kill it (besides the point I know, but I can't help but express my views on this one).

The minute you recruit a 'good' tall forward you have to question why Cordy is on the list, Williams and Roberts too. Is having Stringer and Jones not enough?

If we paid pick 50 for Mitch Brown I would lose my sh*t. He will be delisted before too long.

What has Lachie Hansen shown? This thread is reminding me of the Ash Hansen push a few years ago.

The reality is if we want quality, we have to give up quality picks, and in 99% of cases we'll be paying overs because A) no decent forward wants to come and play for a bottom 4 side and B) if that's the case then we'll have to deal solely with the player's club = rip off o'clock.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

How do you think we will recruit a good tall forward? How many good tall forwards do you think are running around at the moment?

Recruit ie draft

You can't be sure on Grant, neither can anyone, until he's given game time. Even if he isn't given a fair run this year, when we go to get rid of him he'll probably be picked up by another club for cheap and kill it (besides the point I know, but I can't help but express my views on this one).
    The MC seems certain, so that's that for him with us.

The minute you recruit a 'good' tall forward you have to question why Cordy is on the list, Williams and Roberts too.
    Agreed. We should question that. One seems a dud, one is always injured and one is unknown and mostly played as a defender at Willi.

Is having Stringer and Jones not enough?

Stringer looks like he'll be a good forward. Jones is unknown beyond being a good contested mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Robbie Tarrant would be handy and wouldn't cost the earth.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I like Robbie too. I wonder what market value would be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Is he over his injuries though?

Post Thanks / Like

You'd have to go think one of Essendons talls, probably Gumby would be squeezed out. Wouldn't mind him
    Last edited by lemmon; 12-05-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take Gumby would add so much to us.
    Don't think we will get Frawley maybe a defender Like Pears would be Good!
    We should def look at mature state players for our rookie list like the Pies
    Did with Frost Dwyer and Martin who probably would all get games easily with us.