Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: End of Season - Trade Targets

Whatever happened to James Magner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowshed View Post
    Anyone who has two legs, two arms and can kick, mark and handball...seriously!

I'd trade to get Tom Boyd (U18 CHF). Trade our first pick & Higgins...we must make sure we bring in quality and here you have a future premiership key forward. The club needs to go all out...
    Why would any other club want Higgins?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    We should rookie a mature gorilla forward form the secondary comps. A pack marker, not a leading forward like Redpath. I think Redpath is gone.

Oh, thats not a trade target.
    Justin Hardy?
    Some talent watchers say he's the best mature KPF not on an AFL list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Whatever happened to James Magner?
    Rookie and i don't know if they had any available spots. Tom Gillies may be on the LTI list now.

Disposal lacks a little but surely they could use his run, in and under work and hardness, considering they lack much of that currently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great kick, but a bit undersized for a key back.
    Not overly nimble either.
    What on earth happened to Laidlaw of Carlton?
    Looked a good pick up under Ratten.
    Do you mean Jeremy Laidler? Did his knee last year but seems to have fallen out of favour with Malthouse after a good season in 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we wont trade at all this year? Clear out a few to clear up list space and draft our way out of trouble.

I was pretty happy with our trading last year, giving up little save for Stevens who is 21 anyway.
    We have tended to get more value out of later pick trades (eg. Hudson) over higher pick trades (Rawlings) anyway.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Perhaps we wont trade at all this year? Clear out a few to clear up list space and draft our way out of trouble.

I was pretty happy with our trading last year, giving up little save for Stevens who is 21 anyway.
    We have tended to get more value out of later pick trades (eg. Hudson) over higher pick trades (Rawlings) anyway.
    Yes I thought we played it well last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Rookie and i don't know if they had any available spots. Tom Gillies may be on the LTI list now.

Disposal lacks a little but surely they could use his run, in and under work and hardness, considering they lack much of that currently.

I'm pretty sure they have had a spot but won't promote him, which seems baffling unless there is some off field issues not yet public.

I'm quite happy if we can identify players like Tom Young who are surplus to requirements at other clubs and cheap.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Do you mean Jeremy Laidler? Did his knee last year but seems to have fallen out of favour with Malthouse after a good season in 2011.
    Yes, it seems to always happen with Mick.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets get one back from the system.
    Dale Thomas as a an unsigned restricted agent. Doesn't appear to be a fan of Bucks. At 25 he's in an ideal age bracket for us and where we are lacking, offers us much needed outside run and spread, uses the ball well and offers all over ground flexibility. Would complement our developing inside mid group well, offers a much needed foil for Griff and has the added benefit of being a highly marketable commodity. Would be a huge get for the Club even if the odds might be against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Dale Thomas as a an unsigned restricted agent. Doesn't appear to be a fan of Bucks. At 25 he's in an ideal age bracket for us and where we are lacking, offers us much needed outside run and spread, uses the ball well and offers all over ground flexibility. Would complement our developing inside mid group well, offers a much needed foil for Griff and has the added benefit of being a highly marketable commodity. Would be a huge get for the Club even if the odds might be against us.
    Hadn't really thought about this until you wrote it Doc but agree it would be pretty awesome. Does provide us with what we are seriously lacking and brings star power to Whitten Oval. The question is, what would it cost to get him and could we actually get him to want to come to us?

Post Thanks / Like

Be a great pick up. Why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Great point Doc, we have the cap space, he fills a need and we get him for nothing. I echo the words of others but...why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Then while we're at it we can build a time machine and pick up young versions of Granty, Westy, Johnson, Templeton and Whitten and win 12 flags in a row. Yay.

Post Thanks / Like

If we're talking Daisy, does Buddy come into the conversation? Even if all it does is muddy the waters a bit I can't see that as being a bad thing?

We have to pay this money to someone and we are only going to have more room in the cap with the guys who will go out...why not throw a decent offer to Franklin or Thomas? The reality is they wont come but it forces up market value and throws a spanner in the works for other clubs...this is a competition after all.