Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: End of Season - Trade Targets

With all the discussion of Watts, White, Gumbleton and Crameri, don't forget the team in the west which is also desperate for tall forwards and has a coach with a track record of selling the future for the sake of the present.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really need to trade this year?

A couple of months ago I would have said yes but I'm now thinking we should go down the grow our own path.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

A couple of months ago I would have said yes but I'm now thinking we should go down the grow our own path.
    Agree totally Doc. I really believe we should keep our draft picks and anyone worth trading, is worth keeping.

If we can secure someone via free agency or pre-season draft that doesn't cost the world and can be of value, for sure we should go for it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Matty Lloyd on 3AW just mentioned to Bob Murphy he hears Crameri is coming our way

Yeah Baby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Matty Lloyd on 3AW just mentioned to Bob Murphy he hears Crameri is coming our way

Yeah Baby
    How do we get him?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

May depend on you how see us finishing in 2014.

From what I have read, there are some good tall forward options within say the first 6 picks, so if we finish 13th or below, we'll have access to them.

I'm not thrilled to bits by the thought of trading this year for Watts, White, Gumbleton or even Crameri, but hypocritically I'd consider our second round pick for Yarran.

We may also be able to pick up later pick value like we did with Stevens and Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How do we get him?
    2nd rounder I assume? We wouldn't give our 1st and surely Essendon will play ball if he's wanting to leave? Surely......

Post Thanks / Like

2nd rounder I assume? We wouldn't give our 1st and surely Essendon will play ball if he's wanting to leave? Surely......
    Freo may offer their first rounder....

Post Thanks / Like

It would be rare not to let him go where he wants to go but yes, if they did it could become an issue. As a trade can't he just put his foot down? Can he ditch the dons I it could ugly and jump in the preseason draft? That would be simple - we just cut out of the draft early and take an early preseason pick?

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with this. I'd still like Crameri but think we have reasonable depth in most positions. I'd like to see if theres any takers for our borderline best 22 players with a view to upgrading our picks. Guys like Addison, Tutt, Lower, Picken, Austin maybe Wood. They are good players and worth a spot on the list but if another team comes knocking, it would give them more game time, ease the squeeze on our list and give us some value through upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you still want Cameron Wood?

I'm pretty much on the same page as you are. I don't share the urge to go out and pay overs to get a key forward into the club. Jones is 18 months younger than Grant yet seems at times to have higher expectations put on him. I'd love to see him in a forward line where he doesn't get the best defender week in week out. With Grant's resurgence, Campbell's development and a preseason under Stringer's belt, our forward line could create some headaches next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Baby
    Scott Lucas said the same thing on SEN. Said Crameri will not be at the Bombres next year but will still be playing in the west.

Freo?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be rare not to let him go where he wants to go but yes, if they did it could become an issue. As a trade can't he just put his foot down? Can he ditch the dons I it could ugly and jump in the preseason draft? That would be simple - we just cut out of the draft early and take an early preseason pick?
    Gotta feeling they will want a foot in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Scott Lucas said the same thing on SEN. Said Crameri will not be at the Bombres next year but will still be playing in the west.

Freo?
    " In the West" I'd say is us.
    After the events of 2013 they are 100% a northern suburbs team

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri pretty much fills Gia's role automatically but with some added flexibility. Wouldn't believe anything coming out of Essendon information wise at the moment though.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me