Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 8 - Other Matches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 8 - Other Matches

Think West Coast on what I saw last week will beat Norf.
    Good inclusions for West Coast as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm expecting Norf to get belted, this is the type of game where their system falls apart. If they can win it will go some way to proving they've actually improved.

Post Thanks / Like

North going ok for the first half, they are looking much better than West Coast at this stage.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    North going ok for the first half, they are looking much better than West Coast at this stage.
    Very lucky West Coast are kicking poorly for goal. WC still in front though.
    Wish they did that against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Nic Nat wins it after the siren for West Coast and I get my that tip right. North very unlucky as I believe that was the only time West Coast hit the front in the match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Nic Nat wins it after the siren for West Coast and I get my that tip right. North very unlucky as I believe that was the only time West Coast hit the front in the match.
    You mean the cheats won.

Shuey, cheats again with a fake in the back, but misses the goal with a ad kick and North mark. North kick the ball long outside the 50 close to the boundary line and the next cheat comes along ie Sellwood, and throws his head back and the umpire is fooled into giving a free kick for a high tackle. Reply shows no free kick. Sellwood kicks back into the 50, and Nic Nat takes a great mark and goals after the siren.

North were totally robbed.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean the cheats won.

Shuey, cheats again with a fake in the back, but misses the goal with a ad kick and North mark. North kick the ball long outside the 50 close to the boundary line and the next cheat comes along ie Sellwood, and throws his head back and the umpire is fooled into giving a free kick for a high tackle. Reply shows no free kick. Sellwood kicks back into the 50, and Nic Nat takes a great mark and goals after the siren.

The constant milking of frees by the likes of Shuey, Selwood, Hams (out tonight) etc around a contest is poor form. Hate watching it and although technically high contact for mine is outside the spirit of fair play.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean the cheats won.

We must have seen different replays. Arm was definitely over the shoulder on the reverse angle.

As for the Shuey one, it was a clumsy tackle, simple as that. Tackling is more than grabbing a hold of your opponent, its about getting him to ground efficiently. I don't remember Libba Snr giving away too many in the back frees because his technique was exemplary.

Post Thanks / Like

High contact is high contact. They were 15 PTs up against a side who were beat up , on a 6 day break from the biggest road trip.The first goal North kicked ( Harvey ) was a free against him. Brad Scott will have his weekly whinge, it's a given

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    We must have seen different replays. Arm was definitely over the shoulder on the reverse angle.

As for the Shuey one, it was a clumsy tackle, simple as that. Tackling is more than grabbing a hold of your opponent, its about getting him to ground efficiently. I don't remember Libba Snr giving away too many in the back frees because his technique was exemplary.

Can't agree with your assessment, particularly the Sellwood one.

I bet the coach is not going to hold back on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

Exactly, any high contact now is a free.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't agree with your assessment, particularly the Sellwood one.

I bet the coach is not going to hold back on this one.
    There isn't a rule saying you can't drop your centre of gravity.
    There is a rule that high contact is a free.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Scott says "I'm not going to whinge about the umpires", and then proceeds to whinge about the umpires.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care it was Norf. I'm happier it was a dodgy free that gave WC the chance to put them away.