Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The price of stuff at the Footy

Holy smoke, stuff is expensive at the footy. A modest increase is acceptable, but it's outrageous what they charge for food and water. Why doesn't the competition watchdog come down on them? As if it's not expensive enough to take kids to the footy.
    Who gets annoyed about this? Or is everyone just used to having their wallet gouged at places like Etihad.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The price of stuff at the Footy

Who buys stuff at the footy? Just bring stuff from home. Much cheaper and better.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

You need a credit card to buy a pie at etihad
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to pay the price if the food was of decent quality but it is terrible. Mostly unfit for consumption which is the real rub when coupled with the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't SEN trying to organise a day where everyone just brought their food from home with the idea that it would potentially jolt Etihad and other venues to be more reasonable with their pricing and to serve up a better quality?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The only food I've ever brought at the footy was some peanuts from you know who and the hot dough nuts from the van on the hill. Ah memories........

Does the food cost more due to penalty rates for weekend work or are they just ripping off a captive audience. The SEN idea sounds very good but it would need wide media attention to make it happen.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

As an avid music festival attendee it has been great to see the evolution of food choices at some of the major festivals. Falls seemed to start the ball rolling and the one dayers like harvest have followed suit. Even the BDO has seemed to improve (though it still has work to do). So if music festival can do it, why not the footy?

Last year AAMI stadium allowed Beyond India to set up a van on premises. They have a few restaurants in Adelaide and do very good Indian food and the stuff at the footy is no exception and very reasonably priced. I think it's $12 for a heaped plate of curry, rice and naan. I think for a few more dollars you can have two curries. You are not left hungry either way.

Beats the hell out of a soggy or burnt to a crisp $6 pie. Surely it's time to overhaul the whole industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Some company has the rights to all food sold there, they are going to sell the easiest and cheapest food to get maximum profit, sounds like the AFL doesn't it
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The MCG has upgraded its food venues, but sadly Eithad lags behind. Agree its over priced and the quality id very poor, they really need to lift their standards. Often at quarter time and half time, they are struggling to even get the food out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With a little bit of effort and planning taking food to the footy can be a brilliant money saver. When my brothers and I go to Docklands the backpack will generally contain:

1. A wide neck thermos filled with hotdogs and half a dozen bread rolls.
    2. A large bottle of coke (you get twice as much when you pay Supermarket prices.
    3. A box of Pizza Shapes.
    4. Some sandwiches.

Costs us about a third of what you'd pay for food at the fgound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wasn't SEN trying to organise a day where everyone just brought their food from home with the idea that it would potentially jolt Etihad and other venues to be more reasonable with their pricing and to serve up a better quality?
    Great idea from SEN. On one hand, the AFL is trying to promote sport and health. On the other, serving fried food and crappy pies.Makes no sense.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    With a little bit of effort and planning taking food to the footy can be a brilliant money saver. When my brothers and I go to Docklands the backpack will generally contain:

1. A wide neck thermos filled with hotdogs and half a dozen bread rolls.
    2. A large bottle of coke (you get twice as much when you pay Supermarket prices.
    3. A box of Pizza Shapes.
    4. Some sandwiches.

Costs us about a third of what you'd pay for food at the fgound
    We use the wide neck thermos as well, and alternate the hotdogs with steamed dim sims.

Post Thanks / Like

The food at Etihad is putrid beyond belief.

I buy a Pump water most games, and eat either before or after the game. The water costs me $6.50 for 750mls, roughly four time the amount a litre of premium unleaded might cost me!

When and if I have a family I'll be taking food with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually buy the chicken strips with chips at Etihad and get a beer. What else is good on the menu there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I usually buy the chicken strips with chips at Etihad and get a beer. What else is good on the menu there?
    Nothing in my experience. Better off getting food at the station or at Nandos (which is usually well down on their usual quality because they are pumping it out)