Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The price of stuff at the Footy

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I usually buy the chicken strips with chips at Etihad and get a beer. What else is good on the menu there?
    Eastdog you are best bring a couple of rolls from home or go for a counter meal somewhere before or after the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Unsure if SlimPickens is able to elaborate on why the prices are what they are for the quality you get.

Post Thanks / Like

The irony is they have a food outlet " Healthier foods" around aisle 28 ground level.
    Is this to say the other crap they dish out is healthy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The irony is they have a food outlet " Healthier foods" around aisle 28 ground level.
    I went there the other week and asked for whole meal bread and they only had white bread.

So much for healthier, may as well have a pie its about the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The food at Etihad is putrid beyond belief.

I buy a Pump water most games, and eat either before or after the game. The water costs me $6.50 for 750mls, roughly four time the amount a litre of premium unleaded might cost me!

When and if I have a family I'll be taking food with me.
    Good grief jeemak, you buy water at the footy!! Just bring a bottle from home.

Post Thanks / Like

As a family, regardless of match time, we all just have a big meal before we leave home.
    Then we take:
    4 bottles of water,
    bag of large chips from supermarket
    4 pieces of fruit
    biscuits

maybe buy a bucket of chips at half time but footy food is overpriced, overcooked and over rated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Good grief jeemak, you buy water at the footy!! Just bring a bottle from home.
    Good grief HOSE B ROMERO, do you actually expect me to be sufficiently organised to forward plan with such a high level of complexity!

You're a bloody optimist, that's what you are!

I really should though, you're right.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I joined the Social Club I most often eat in there before home games. At least the food is edible, you get cutlery and a seat (if you time it right!) and they always offer extra chips (well, they offer me anyway!). I will buy a pie at other games, but the other stuff is way overpriced and usually crap. Pre-social club, I would take a thermos and usually some rolls or something. If we're getting done, I will overeat (and drink!), so this losing caper is costly
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Since I joined the Social Club I most often eat in there before home games. At least the food is edible, you get cutlery and a seat (if you time it right!) and they always offer extra chips (well, they offer me anyway!). I will buy a pie at other games, but the other stuff is way overpriced and usually crap. Pre-social club, I would take a thermos and usually some rolls or something. If we're getting done, I will overeat (and drink!), so this losing caper is costly
    Out of interest what are the prices of the meal and what type of food?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Out of interest what are the prices of the meal and what type of food?
    They've gone up a bit in the last few years. They usually have fish and chips as well as parma + pot (around $17 I think), soup, and one or two things that change every week or two (last week I think it was butter chicken, around $17-18). You can also get a bowl of chips (about $8 which is a bit steep) or the usual pie/sausage roll. To me, a reasonable meal at under $20 is a fair deal - as I said, you get proper cutlery, a table to sit at and comfortable surrounds.

Sometimes the quality is a bit dicey - last week I had a bowl of chips which tasted like they were cooked the day before. But generally it's a better deal IMO.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

That is near my seat. Their sandwiches, wraps & sushi are very expensive (over $10) I have started buying their fruit salad this year though. It's $4.60 so quite reasonable for footy prices, and quite tasty. Problem is they are hit & miss with actually stocking it. Last game they didn't have it at all. I also go to Nandos outside the ground either before or after the game for a full meal.

Post Thanks / Like

True irony is the food merchant makes more than the Dogs from a home game at Etihad.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

So much for economies of scale, the price of junk food at VFL matches is an absolute bargain (if you can regard any junk food as a bargain) compared to that of its AFL brethren. For example, at yesterday's Williamstown match: Bucket of Hot Chips $3.50, Hot Dog $3 etc. Can of Carlton Draught $4.