Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast
    The Cowshed Guest

Pack your bags McCartney...

I'm sick hearing the spin, the crap about how we should be doing this and that, sick of the contested ball focus.

The coach has got us into this position. He has swayed the recruiting staff to go after the same type of player that we already have...slow midfielders who can't kick. Does he teach them anything at training. I don't see it on the field.

What was with our handball tonight...trigger happy handball. It's because he has a team full of players who can't run...all they can do is handball...it's the leading root of most of our problems. I could go on but I won't bore you...we as supporters are already suffering from that pathetic display.

Time to go coach. Make way for the next person.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pack your bags McCartney...

Man up PG.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Who is PG?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowshed View Post
    I'm sick hearing the spin, the crap about how we should be doing this and that, sick of the contested ball focus.

The coach has got us into this position. He has swayed the recruiting staff to go after the same type of player that we already have...slow midfielders who can't kick. Does he teach them anything at training. I don't see it on the field.

What was with our handball tonight...trigger happy handball. It's because he has a team full of players who can't run...all they can do is handball...it's the leading root of most of our problems. I could go on but I won't bore you...we as supporters are already suffering from that pathetic display.

Do you really think our playing list issues are only a result of the last 2 years of recruiting? And how are Stringer & Macrae the same type of player we already have. Our troubles have been building for longer than that?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

As much Eade, Fantasia and Claytons fault as anyones
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree, we need to build the club on this. It doesn't need to be the main focus but it is one of the right things to focus on. Good clubs have that ethic.

Did this once from what I know. We have a list manager in place now and I believe he will be making the calls.

Agree, it was a very poor night for skill execution.

Need to give him the full season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Who is PG?
    Peter Gordon.

President isn't all smiles and PR. it's doing what is needed no matter the cost.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and appoint someone else and after we're struggling next year sack another coach.
    Fair Dinkum some people.While we're up there lets thank Scott Clayton for leaving a complete hole in 2006. That's the reason we're struggling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Peter Gordon.

President isn't all smiles and PR. it's doing what is needed no matter the cost.
    He's moved on coaches before. Not sure why you are making the reference about a smiling president.

Post Thanks / Like

The diabolical mess that has left us with Boyd, Cross, Murphy, Giansiracusa, Cooney, Griffen, Morris, Picken, Minson and a couple of others as a legacy of the best part of ten years of list development is our issue.

I'm still not sold on the coach, but the issues are legacy issues more than anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's moved on coaches before. Not sure why you are making the reference about a smiling president.
    Just highlighting we need real leadership, and I think he's the man to do what is needed. I agree G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    As much Eade, Fantasia and Claytons fault as anyones
    Dead right. Players from 06 would in their prime right now.
    Everitt, Ward from 07! Look I'm still unsure on the coach but sacking him now shouts panic stations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I'm still not sold on the coach, but the issues are legacy issues more than anything else.
    Fully agree. He inherited an unbalanced list with poor skills and very one paced. He might not be the man to fix it but we are at least playing the youngsters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Need to give him the full season.
    Yep.

He said improvement will come in the 2nd half of 2013... If it doesn't we will be negligent to not look at his position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep.

He said improvement will come in the 2nd half of 2013... If it doesn't we will be negligent to not look at his position.
    All positions should be under review if we don't perform better in the 2nd half of the season.

We have a lot to but we have to at least see it through.