Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 9 - Other Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Lets also hope social media doesn't crucify this young girl.
    For sure the media shouldn't blow it out of proportion. She is only 14 years old and she can learn from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares how old she is, she should know better. We can't put up with this sort of behaviour in society. What sort of parents has she got and how the hell did they bring her up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who cares how old she is, she should know better. We can't put up with this sort of behaviour in society. What sort of parents has she got and how the hell did they bring her up.
    Sorry, but that's an incredibly presumptuous attitude. We can't possibly make such judgments, on the basis of what is alleged to have occurred (the specifics of which we don't actually know). If, as is believed, she is a "minor", well, sorry, but kids do make mistakes. Sometimes lots of them, and sometimes big ones. Their judgment, use of rational thinking, ability to empathise etc. often isn't as well developed as many (not all) adults - nor should we expect it to be.

If it was your child up there on the screen, would you take the blame for poor parenting?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'm not a huge Eddie fan, but I applaud his quick response, going to see Goodes, speaking to Richo. Unfortunate end to an impressive Sydney win.
    Agreed. Thought McGuire was all class in handling this incident.

A lot of people put shit on him but I reckon he's a credit to the Pies and the game.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Swans have been very good. Shame to see Rampe playing well for them.
    I'm missing something here - we could have had him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Swans very impressive tonight and have a great win.
    We could learn a lot from the Swans - do the line coaches show video of these other matches?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I think he did some training with us, whilst playing for Willi.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Played at Williamstown for a couple of years after he was delisted by Sydney the first time. Played some good footy in 2011 but was ripped apart by pat Rose in the GF which probably killed his chances that year to be rookied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What happened to kids make mistakes we shouldn't condemn them for it? It was good enough for Dayle Garlett.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he did some training with us, whilst playing for Willi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Played at Williamstown for a couple of years after he was delisted by Sydney the first time. Played some good footy in 2011 but was ripped apart by pat Rose in the GF which probably killed his chances that year to be rookied.
    Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but that's an incredibly presumptuous attitude. We can't possibly make such judgments, on the basis of what is alleged to have occurred (the specifics of which we don't actually know). If, as is believed, she is a "minor", well, sorry, but kids do make mistakes. Sometimes lots of them, and sometimes big ones. Their judgment, use of rational thinking, ability to empathise etc. often isn't as well developed as many (not all) adults - nor should we expect it to be.

If it was your child up there on the screen, would you take the blame for poor parenting?
    What happened?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

He played for Williamstown for a few seasons and did some preseason training with us.
    You may recall I talked him up on a few Williamstown reports.

Was never going to be a star player but I think he would have been more than decent on our list.

While he might never be a player that gets to 100 senior games the Swans are great at identifying talent for what they need in the short term.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What happened?
    Goodes took exception to comments she made and she got ushered out.

Given it's also the Indigenous round she needs some eduction in how to conduct herself.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What happened to kids make mistakes we shouldn't condemn them for it? It was good enough for Dayle Garlett.
    I never said Garlett shouldn't be punished, it's the severity of the punishment.
    Same as this girl no one said we should hang her.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I said we shouldn't put up with this sort of thing in society, surely you agree with that. If it was my daughter I would be totally embarrassed and would take the blame.