Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite Bulldogs Coach of All Time

Self explanatory really. Of the journey your life span goes, who is the coach you most liked. Could be personality, innovation, winning record, ambassador, etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Bulldogs Coach of All Time

Terry Wheeler, he gave the players their instincts back
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket, basket case to prelims playing a brand of footy we could be proud of. Had his critics but I don't think many others could have got what he did from Lake, Crossy, Gilbee, Hargrave and Boyd. These guys looked like being nothing more than dead wood early on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Rocket, basket case to prelims playing a brand of footy we could be proud of. Had his critics but I don't think many others could have got what he did from Lake, Crossy, Gilbee, Hargrave and Boyd. These guys looked like being nothing more than dead wood early on
    Agreed. I'm in my late twenties so not a huge amount of options for me, but Rocket is without a doubt the best in my time. I actually think the brand of footy we played in the later stages of 2005 was some of the best/most exciting footy I've seen the club play.

Post Thanks / Like

Wallace for delivering to me the first Bulldog team that was head and shoulders above those dastardly salary cap breaking drug cheats from the other side of the Maribyrnong. 97/98 remain my favourite seasons of footy, we had a terrific mix. Run, aggro, class etc.

Eade. For obvious, factual reasons.

Both had worn thin on me by the end of their tenure but time has healed the wounds re: Wallace. Eade will be well remembered after this wave of the rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Sutton.

Post Thanks / Like

Malthouse
    Rocket
    Wallace
    Wheeler
    Bluey

Post Thanks / Like

Wallet for me. I was heart broken when he left. But his apology healed that wound.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket
    Wallace
    Wheeler

For me
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket, easily. Took us from cellar dwellers to playing exciting footy, and for the first time in a long time (for me), we were the hunted. Also a top bloke.

As a kid I had a soft spot for MM, and Bluey Hampshire. Got to meet both and they were good blokes.
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 02-06-2013 at 03:32 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, loved Rocket. Was young when Wheels was in charge so I can't really comment as a coach, but I like him personally. What was Malthouse like all those years ago??

P.s. - no love for Al Joyce!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wheeler. Then Rocket (liked his early stuff better). Then current. Then Wallet. Then Malthouse. Then Rohde. Then Joyce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Agreed. I'm in my late twenties so not a huge amount of options for me, but Rocket is without a doubt the best in my time. I actually think the brand of footy we played in the later stages of 2005 was some of the best/most exciting footy I've seen the club play.
    I'm the same but in my early twenties.... so similar options. Although I liked Rocket a lot, he kind of wins by default. I mean, I'm sure as hell not going with traitor Terry or the traumatising experience that was Rhode, so....
    I enjoyed the drastic improvement of so many of our players under Rocket. I was always nervous about the relationship he had with Lake though (I was always scared Lake would juct crack it and bail one day. Uh, well.... he did eventually I guess, jst not under Rocket as I expeted....)

Post Thanks / Like

Bluey Hampshire.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheeler
    Rocket
    Malthouse
    Wallace
    WOOF Member 422