Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best non dogs game you've ever attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    1990 VFA Grand Final

Williamstown come back from the dead to beat Springvale by 2 points, thanks to a goal by Billy Swan with only 30 seconds left.
    Awful for us Willy haters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Fitzroy's last game against the Dockers ... Average game, but very emotional.

And (I think) the Carlton v Collingwood Centenary match (late 80s / early 90s) ... The one where Shaw was bleeding profusely from the head and he was hugging his mum on field afterwards. (Please correct me if I'm wrong ... I'm getting older and my memory ain't the best)
    Saw Fitzroys last win against Freo in 96.
    There were only 5 or so thousand there but it sounded like 20.
    Very emotional day for them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Awful for us Willy haters

Yep. Specially because an ex Port Melbourne champ kicked the winner for them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    1990 VFA Grand Final

Williamstown come back from the dead to beat Springvale by 2 points, thanks to a goal by Billy Swan with only 30 seconds left.
    This one for me to.
    At the time it was the next best thing to the Doggies winning the flag for me.
    Had only been going out with the Lioness for a couple of months and went AWOL at the Batcave with a few of my mates for the weekend.
    Can't imagine what would happen if the Doggies a win the flag.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    It was Nettlefold . Great goal from Tuck ( 50 out on the boundary post high)
    I reckon Bernie kicked a bag in the last term
    I reckon the Roys would have won the flag if they won that game

It's funny the things that stick in your head. I knew it was Nettlefold that was pinged but had forgotten it was Tuck who kicked he goal.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    This day in 2003. Richmond v North at Telstra dome. Game was Jason McCartneys return from his injuries caused by the Bali bombing. Was possibly the most emotional night of football I've ever attended and consider myself very lucky to have been there.
    Sunday footy show just did a piece on this game with Jason. Awesome memories, wish I had attended.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Oh another one. The first game of Carey (Adelaide) versus Archer and Stevens and co.

You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. And the rough stuff was good too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone at Waverley when the lights went out and the mob took the point post?

That would have been an experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Anyone at Waverley when the lights went out and the mob took the point post?

That would have been an experience.
    Yeah, that was a great one. My best Waverley experience. My brother was right near the point post, my nan freaked thinking he was going to get caught up in the trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

2011 PF Final Collingwood V Hawthorn at the MCG

My brother is a Pies fan and he was very happy that night but the happiness didn't last for long when the Cats beat them in the GF.

Post Thanks / Like

1990 drawn final between Collingwood and Westcoast out at Waverley was a ripper.

Last years Prelim between Hawks and Adelaide was pretty good as well. Tippet almost carried the team over the line, he was unstoppable in the air taking 11 huge marks and the difference in the end was 5 points.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1990 drawn final between Collingwood and Westcoast out at Waverley was a ripper.

Last years Prelim between Hawks and Adelaide was pretty good as well. Tippet almost carried the team over the line, he was unstoppable in the air taking 11 huge marks and the difference in the end was 5 points.
    Didn't go to that one but that was an exciting match. The Crows nearly had the Hawks in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Oh another one. The first game of Carey (Adelaide) versus Archer and Stevens and co.

You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. And the rough stuff was good too.
    IIRC Carey kicked the first goal didn't he?

Round 22, 1999, MCG. Richmond V Carlton. Jeff Gieschen's last game in charge of the Tigers. The scoreboard at the Ponsford end caught fire and my mates and I had to be evacuated, somehow in the confusion I got separated from everyone, but had my mate's uncle's mobile number in my pocket by some fluke (this was back in the day when every Tom, Dick and Harry didn't have one of the bloody things), found a payphone and managed to meet up with everyone again.

Tigers led by 6 goals at 3QT only for the Blues to mount a last quarter surge. Eventually they would fall 11 points short and Giesch had a win for his last game.