Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 11 - Other Matches

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Why?
    They're terrible. It's their fault. Tough.
    Could not agree more. They have cynically exploited the draft rules with their tanking, they colluded with GC and GWS to ensure Viney slipped to pick 26, they received outlandish compensation for losing Scully. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

I don't rate Dawes but they'll have Dawes, Hogan and Clark in their forward line for the next few years. They have good key defenders with Frawley, Garland and Tom McNamara - when their young midfield develops they should improve quicker than most are suggesting, so I find it unfathomable that even more support via draft picks might be coming their way.

I still hate them for Round 22 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No attack here. I just think the she'll be right thinking hasn't worked and its time for a discussion on what more needs to be done. I'd hate to see them suffer needlessly or fold etc because of inaction.
    They've got Jackson in there to kick some heads in.
    They'll start from top to bottom, but for mine no draft picks as this would make a mockery of that sham tanking fine situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I still hate them for Round 22 1987
    Don't forget 2005 dodgy free against Skipper in the dying minutes and we missed the finals that year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't forget 2005 dodgy free against Skipper in the dying minutes and we missed the finals that year.
    Dodgy, doesn't begin. Apparently I'm still annoyed about that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023