Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  44
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation Get Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Can't see how the hawks can afford to pay buddy $9 million over 6 years. Make no mistake about it Hawthorn will not be getting pick 1 for buddy.
    If they don't have the room to match an offer they'll make it. Even if it means a mid range player gets traded for unders. They'll move heaven and earth to keep him if they can't get pen to paper with him prior to FA week.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy is as good as gone. For starters he doesn't like living in Melbourne & $9 million is far too much money to turn down. I really can not see how he could possibly stay if those figures are accurate.
    So how do GWS get Franklin, and keep Ward, Cameron, Patton, Whitfield, Ward et al, plus Boyd if they draft him, in 3 or so years time? The simplistic answer I'd expect would be 'wither their extra salary cap, but people are quick to forget that that salary cap is quickly swallowed up by their expanded list size.

They could chase Franklin and they will get him, but unless they work their figures very cleverly they're going to have a massive problem in 3-5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    So how do GWS get Franklin, and keep Ward, Cameron, Patton, Whitfield, Ward et al, plus Boyd if they draft him, in 3 or so years time? The simplistic answer I'd expect would be 'wither their extra salary cap, but people are quick to forget that that salary cap is quickly swallowed up by their expanded list size.

They could chase Franklin and they will get him, but unless they work their figures very cleverly they're going to have a massive problem in 3-5 years.
    And at that point they'll trade their bottom 10 A-Graders for 1st round draft picks, keep 20 A++ graders and win 8 flags. Melb Storm in reverse and its sickening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

At the minute they would have plenty of room cause they have probably heavily front loaded the contracts of Scully & Ward. They will do the same with buddy to ensure they have the space to keep the players they want.
    I'm hoping Buddy does go cause that might stop GWS in taking Boyd, unless they think one of Cameron, Patton & Boyd could play as a key back.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy is as good as gone. For starters he doesn't like living in Melbourne & $9 million is far too much money to turn down. I really can not see how he could possibly stay if those figures are accurate.
    Maybe he'd rather play block busters at the G most weeks rather than in front of 5 thousand people at Skoda.

Post Thanks / Like

Kicked 3 in the first 10 mins today vs WA before doing an ankle

Post Thanks / Like

If we can't get Boyd, any thoughts from the WA brigade about Marsh? Is he looking like a viable option to bolster the forward line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    If we can't get Boyd, any thoughts from the WA brigade about Marsh? Is he looking like a viable option to bolster the forward line?
    Interesting that you have raised him, I've been discussing him with a few others on here today.

He's a very exciting option but I'm not sure where he will go in the draft. I'm going to the games in Skilled Stadium and Etihad and look forward to seeing how he fares against other Dix one teams.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Highlights I've seen he looks very quick off the mark.
    191 cm ( stringer height). Are Fox covering the games?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just the last two games at Etihad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Yeah I like the speed too. From what I've seen he'd be a better 2nd choice than SA's Hourigan. Don't quite get him yet but again have only seen very limited game time + some highlight reels of both.... I'm also hoping they both play at the champs as well so we can get a good look at them. Mate of mine in Adelaide also talks up a kid Durdin or Durden who is apparently an up and coming KPP for next year. Lot of water under the bridge before then but he's already a fan. Options beyond Boyd as much as I'd like to get him. Sharenberg + Marsh might be nice

Post Thanks / Like

Just on Boyd if his ankle injury is serious does he slide?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Just on Boyd if his ankle injury is serious does he slide?
    I don't think it is and he won't slide far.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd set to miss 4 to 6 weeks with his ankle injury.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Boyd set to miss 4 to 6 weeks with his ankle injury.
    Surely we can convince him to fake a reconstruction so he slides
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023