Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neeld Sacked

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neeld Sacked

They play crap footy and we are all tired of it. Get on with it Melbourne. You're a waste of a game per week.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    They play crap footy and we are all tired of it. Get on with it Melbourne. You're a waste of a game per week.
    Not until after we play them again, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Been dead man walking for most of this year. I don't buy into the 'he hasn't got the cattle' line. He lost the senior players from day 1 & hasn't been able to get them back, so i don't feel sorry for him because it was his doing.
    I would imagine we might see some improvement now. I'm not saying they have a great list but what they have served up shows clearly the players do not want to play for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy it didn't happen the week prior to us playing them. It should be their recruiter getting the sack.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Happy it didn't happen the week prior to us playing them. It should be their recruiter getting the sack.
    Why? they picked up kids that other teams would of taken. These kids have ability but they can't seem to develop them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Why? they picked up kids that other teams would of taken. These kids have ability but they can't seem to develop them.
    They've wasted a hell of a lot of early picks IMO.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Hogan and Viney will be good for them, but yeah, they have not had a good track record.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't develop talent it doesn't matter how good the kids are coming in. I think they have wasted some to but they have some good ones as well & they haven't developed as well as they should have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    Personally I hope we do not go near him. Whilst he may have had a dud list to work with his temparament and body language as a coach was plain awful. He managed to lose the playing group along the way and his message fell on deaf ears. Again worring signs for a rookie coach. Seems like chalk and cheese when comparing styles with BMac. I doubt he would fit the whole teaching/ educating mantra that seems to be the direction at Whitten Oval so I doubt BMac and co. would even consider him Happy to see him go somewhere else. Am sure he could fill an assistant role for the remainder of his coaching life. Am glad Melbourne pulled the trigger before we had the chance to appoint. Could be a bullet dodged IMO.
    My sentiments as well. Heard enough, from very early on, from a credible source within the inner sanctum at Melbourne to suggest back then that it would end as it has. I do hope we stay well clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that when Rocket was told bye -bye it was Neeld I wanted as coach.. , thank god I wasn't on panel to pick coach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Some diabolical trading wouldn't have helped him, shades of Vossy at Brissy and Pagan at the Blues, he couldn't have continually dished up those horrific performances and not lost his job.
    To be fair the trading was done IIRC in anticipation of otherwise losing draft picks from their tanking.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Caroline and Dwayne have said tonight Choco Williams is the early favourite....

He may well be, but the body is not yet cold and the off season is a while away.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Worsfold will coach Melbourne next year.

Scott Burns will takeover at the Weagles.
    I think the Dees would be very happy with that.

To me Neeld is a good guy at the wrong club.
    I wonder if he will land at the Blues with Malthouse next season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How poor was Brent Moloneys "Karma is a Bitch' tweet?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How poor was Brent Moloneys "Karma is a Bitch' tweet?
    If he were at the dogs, I'd expect the WBFC to rocket him. Poor form.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023