Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    On the Couch has become a MMM style footy show for bogans. the attempts at humour that are now inserted too frequently are cringeworthy.

I'd like to see them get the football academics back on the couch & revamp the panel. An ex coach like Alistair Clarkson would be superb. Add to this someone with great intel like Jake Niall with all his contacts and research capability at his disposal. We would see a much better show.

I don't mind Riewoldt. I think he would prosper in a better environment. Get rid of Lyon & Brown.
    Riewoldt is an excellent match day analyst - he really didn't miss with Port last night. So is Loinchop when not in Demons fanboi mode. Jono Brown is the sub-standard hack who brings the overall quality of this show down.

Footy Classified is awesome if you're deeply interested in the Collingwood and Carlton boardroom discussions, otherwise it is a hard pass for the 99.99% of us who wouldn't know Mark Korda from Peter Korda or Luke Sayers from Leo Sayer.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

2. Likes jeemak, dog town, chef, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Riewoldt is an excellent match day analyst - he really didn't miss with Port last night. So is Loinchop when not in Demons fanboi mode. Jono Brown is the sub-standard hack who brings the overall quality of this show down.

Footy Classified is awesome if you're deeply interested in the Collingwood and Carlton boardroom discussions, otherwise it is a hard pass for the 99.99% of us who wouldn't know Mark Korda from Peter Korda or Luke Sayers from Leo Sayer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Daughter of the West, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I usually love your work BR but can't agree with this - the GW/MR relationship has a good ebb and flow/point-counter point that has been missing with the replacement hosts...

That said, my only thoughts about Robbo are that he is OK.
    I just struggle to stomach any Robbo - so any time I watch him its hard work for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I just struggle to stomach any Robbo - so any time I watch him its hard work for me
    I get put off by how much his jaw moves when he laughs. It's disproportionate to the amount and timbre of sound that comes out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couch has been a Melbourne cheer squad all year. If you listen to them, Melbourne can’t lose on the 25th. This is their destiny and it’s been written.

Couch will 100% be compulsory viewing when we win. Lyon will be squirming. It’ll be beautiful.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Couch has been a Melbourne cheer squad all year. If you listen to them, Melbourne can’t lose on the 25th. This is their destiny and it’s been written.

Couch will 100% be compulsory viewing when we win. Lyon will be squirming. It’ll be beautiful.
    Melbourne have won 6 in a row. Their last loss was against us, and they would have played one game in a month going into the GF.

We will win this.
    FFC: Established 1877

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I get put off by how much his jaw moves when he laughs. It's disproportionate to the amount and timbre of sound that comes out.
    I’ve never sat through the original Star Wars (sat through one of the 2000’s prequels with my then young son - didn’t think much of it or rest of the franchise). However whenever I see Robbo the first film has had so much exposure that I still cannot help but think of jabba the hut or whatever the creature’s name is. Understand Robbo is not well & hope he recovers.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Public Service Announcement:

Wednesday 15th

Mike Sheahan to talk demons
    Luke Jackson to talk demons
    Jordan Lewis t talk demons

Just thought Id let yall know if you were thinking about watching Hopi before dogs content
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Wasn't he the one who tested positive for cocaine and claimed it was for to kissing a girl in a nightclub? Just one look would have told the tribunal that he wasn't kissing anyone in a nightclub.
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king.
    Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Public Service Announcement:

Wednesday 15th

Mike Sheahan to talk demons
    Luke Jackson to talk demons
    Jordan Lewis t talk demons
    Nailed it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Nailed it.
    I didn’t bother. Sounds like the right move.

Post Thanks / Like

Ted Jr in his Dogs scarf got about 3 minutes at the end to promote prostate cancer awareness, so there was that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ted Jr in his Dogs scarf got about 3 minutes at the end to promote prostate cancer awareness, so there was that.
    Four weeks in a row of the media backing our opponents. A good omen maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Dees have already won. Didn’t you know?

They were going on about which ex-Dees players are still alive “to witness it” and how sad it is for the dead ones to miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I mentioned, I recorded it and just watched it a few minutes ago. Didn't take long to skip through and see Ted jnr.
    FFC: Established 1877

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.