Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The Danny/Boyd podcast is a nice relief from general AFL media. Chaz from the Chaser on the for pre-GF episode.
    They had a really good Grand Final zoom the other night, with guests Lin Jong, Fletcher Roberts and Shane Biggs. Unfortunately it was just a live event and wasn't recorded.

Hopefully they get the gig as official club podcast next season, with Bob leaving Barkly St.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    They had a really good Grand Final zoom the other night, with guests Lin Jong, Fletcher Roberts and Shane Biggs. Unfortunately it was just a live event and wasn't recorded.

Hopefully they get the gig as official club podcast next season, with Bob leaving Barkly St.
    I think I prefer the lack of official club ties, gives them more freedom to say whatever they want imo.

Been really impressed with this podcast, its been everything I've wanted from a footy one. It covers what its like to be a player, including random little bits, its generally on topic, Boyd is current enough to give you recent insights and the players are always very casual and open. I'm not really a fan of McGinleys comedy but he is less tryhard here and is good at latching on to the little things I want expanded on.

Much less blokey bloke than a lot of the footy media too and consequently less ego/hot take driven.

Also I find the official club ones have always bene pretty bland and too short.

If you haven't listened to it yet I reckon the first one, the Dale Morris one and the Shane Biggs ones are my favourites
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I know most won't want to see the final 360 of the year given the GF but if you're interested, Robbo makes an appearance from home around 50mins in, gives a basic outline of what happened and what's he's gone through since. Seems to slowly be on the mend now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I know most won't want to see the final 360 of the year given the GF but if you're interested, Robbo makes an appearance from home around 50mins in, gives a basic outline of what happened and what's he's gone through since. Seems to slowly be on the mend now.
    So what actually happened to him? I've heard it was heart problems but nothing specific.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So what actually happened to him? I've heard it was heart problems but nothing specific.
    Basically he had an incident on the Saturday Morning (heart issue) and thought it might be Covid, decided he'd wait till Monday to visit the doctor. Had basically a full blown heart attack Monday morning, was rushed to hospital and had open heart surgery. Had a friend come and live with him for 6 weeks to help. He spend a few weeks not really being able to move and just being happy to get to the toilet in time. Is now slowly recovering and feels like he's starting to get on top of it.

6. Thanks Doc26, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Basically he had an incident on the Saturday Morning (heart issue) and thought it might be Covid, decided he'd wait till Monday to visit the doctor. Had basically a full blown heart attack Monday morning, was rushed to hospital and had open heart surgery. Had a friend come and live with him for 6 weeks to help. He spend a few weeks not really being able to move and just being happy to get to the toilet in time. Is now slowly recovering and feels like he's starting to get on top of it.
    Don't like Robbo one bit, but I do not wish ill health on anyone. Hopefully he returns to full health
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He had night terrors about the time he shaped up to an especially handsome WOOF contributor at a sportsman’s night in the early 2000s, is what I reckon.

10. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post