Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
I hope Melbourne is taking in all this media hype. Hopefully they buy into the narrative, all they need to do is turn up and the Premiership Cup will be in their hands for the for the first time since 1964. We are just a passenger in their story. Everyone is barracking for the fairytale story.

Gee whiz. I hope we make a few people eat humble pie on Saturday.
I'll preface this by saying white supremacists are boorish pieces of shit, in fact, they're too disinteresting to be considered boorish. However, as another poster pointed out a week or so ago this is how I feel about ruining Melbourne's party (providing we don't play silly buggers with the car in the garage):

My mother was telling me about a Melbourne supporting family friend (who funnily enough, was always completely boorish - an absolute twerp) who decided after the first week of finals to get to Tassie and then onto WA after a quarantine period. And I said straight back, good, it'll make the look on his face all the more sour when he realises the premiership dream is slipping through his fingers.

There is not a single Melbourne supporter, media person, or whomever that I have come across who realises just how bad this is going to be for all of them. They thought the pit of their despair was in the midst of them bottoming out over the last couple of decades, or getting flogged in a WA preliminary final and they have no idea how stupid they are for not thinking their despair could or would get worse.

It can always get worse and they're about to find that out.