Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Did you turn into Pacman?
    Fozzy Bear.....because I'm hilarious.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm sure he balanced it out with comments on how Geelong's illness that almost decimated them handed Melbourne their preliminary final win....wucka wucha....
    Strangely enough, no mention.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Fozzy Bear.....because I'm hilarious.
    Sounds like something someone hiding from ghosts might say.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Gaz Lyon on Couch couldn't have made it clearer that it was Port who lost the prelim, rather than the Dogs winning it. Even went back and watched the game again today to confirm it.

The rain saved us against the Bombers, the umpires dragged us over the line against Brisbane and it was those darn fumbly Port players that handed us the prelim. Amazing we're in a GF given we actually haven't WON a game all finals series
    Yep. Don’t forget that is six losses in a row we haven’t won since round 20.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Riewoldt even downplayed Shaq’s prelim performance and comforted Dees fans not to be ‘spooked’, saying Aliir still had the most intercept possessions on the ground and it was only his ball use that let him down.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

All tipped Melb.

It’s really funny that so little credit is being paid to our team and form. And how much Max Gawn has turned into the most dominant player in the history of the sport after his last match. I mean… he’s great and I wish he played for us, but he’ll have his work cut out for him with Stef.

Also all the bashing of the bye, and no one says that the dogs would’ve had to quarantine all week of the GF which wouldn’t have been fair. It was 100% necessary cause of COVID and that’s the reason it was put in… not to “test” a week off at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

It's getting to the point where it's going to be responded to with nastiness when we get over the line Saturday night.

There won't be any grace in victory.

Post Thanks / Like

It's getting to the point where it's going to be responded to with nastiness when we get over the line Saturday night.

There won't be any grace in victory.
    *!*!*!*! grace, if our next game post Covid is unfurling a flag.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was Bevo the presentation before the game would all the snippets from the Media and let that fire up the boys.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If I was Bevo the presentation before the game would all the snippets from the Media and let that fire up the boys.
    I think he mentioned he’s looking inside the club for inspiration, or that’s happening organically. I doubt he’d use media opinion. We can definitely hope Melb get ahead of themselves though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Riewoldt even downplayed Shaq’s prelim performance and comforted Dees fans not to be ‘spooked’, saying Aliir still had the most intercept possessions on the ground and it was only his ball use that let him down.
    I turned it on when Riewoldt was making a case for Melbourne and Brownie for us. I can't remember who said it but one of them said we had to reconstruct out forward line due to Bruce and they can't see how will kick a winning score.
    FFS we have just won three finals without Bruce.

Switched channel straight after that
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My tip for all of your sanity is just don’t watch/listen/read AFL media.

It’s complete garbage world worst stuff; none of your lives can be made any better by consuming it.

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Melbourne is taking in all this media hype. Hopefully they buy into the narrative, all they need to do is turn up and the Premiership Cup will be in their hands for the for the first time since 1964. We are just a passenger in their story. Everyone is barracking for the fairytale story.

Gee whiz. I hope we make a few people eat humble pie on Saturday.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My tip for all of your sanity is just don’t watch/listen/read AFL media.

It’s complete garbage world worst stuff; none of your lives can be made any better by consuming it.
    Yeah I've not gone back to 360/ Couch since Tuesday of last week and I'm at peace with it.

Having said that, those episodes I watched last week were the only ones I'd seen in years.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    All tipped Melb.

It’s really funny that so little credit is being paid to our team and form. And how much Max Gawn has turned into the most dominant player in the history of the sport after his last match. I mean… he’s great and I wish he played for us, but he’ll have his work cut out for him with Stef.

Also all the bashing of the bye, and no one says that the dogs would’ve had to quarantine all week of the GF which wouldn’t have been fair. It was 100% necessary cause of COVID and that’s the reason it was put in… not to “test” a week off at that point.
    If they had played the Grand Final last Saturday we would have still been in quarantine. These guys have no problem climbing in front of TV cameras and displaying exactly how ignorant they are.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite