Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The Couch guest tonight…

Nathan Jones.

I swear they must think the game is Melbourne vs Melbourne on Saturday Night.
    This is beautiful because when we win the squirming by Healy and Lyon will be riveting viewing
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Couch guest tonight…

Nathan Jones.

I'm trying to recall if 2016 was as biased.

I guess it was, but the difference being there was only one Melbourne side.

Unfortunately we don't sell unless we are getting the pity vote.

Oh those poor doggies, nice to see them finally win something. (watch)....

Fast forward 5 years :

Bulldogs are good, they got the #1 pick, getting another top 5, acquired Treloar, kept Dunkley, have the best player in the game, awesome coach, no debt et al.

4. Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Couch guest tonight…

Nathan Jones.

I saw that and chose to watch Rosehaven on iview
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Hardwick reckons we'll learn a lot from our last game against Melbourne where they took the corridor and stopped our ball movement, completing forgetting we've already played them again since that loss.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hardwick reckons we'll learn a lot from our last game against Melbourne where they took the corridor and stopped our ball movement, completing forgetting we've already played them again since that loss.
    That made me laugh, he couldn't remember who Melbourne played in the Prelim either.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Clarko was sharp. Citing Libba’s second clearance, led to English getting it out to Smith to kick the first.

At least he was paying attention. And seems to love/rate Libba highly.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes chef, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarko was sharp. Citing Libby’s second clearance, led to English getting it out to Smith to kick the first.

At least he was paying attention. And seems to love/rate Libba highly.
    Yeah, Clarko was all over it. Pretty clear he rates Melbourne as the better side, only thing stopping him from claiming they'd win comfortably is the lack of footy over the last 30 days.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Clarko was all over it. Pretty clear he rates Melbourne as the better side, only thing stopping him from claiming they'd win comfortably is the lack of footy over the last 30 days.
    And his love for Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

He ripped us to shreds a month ago with the Box Hill team. I can understand he thinks we are beatable. But he’s been wrong before, and again now. I liked the ballerina story, typical footy club/player responses. That’s what’s so great about our culture.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He ripped us to shreds a month ago with the Box Hill team. I can understand he thinks we are beatable. But he’s been wrong before, and again now. I liked the ballerina story, typical footy club/player responses. That’s what’s so great about our culture.
    What was this about?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Gaz Lyon on Couch couldn't have made it clearer that it was Port who lost the prelim, rather than the Dogs winning it. Even went back and watched the game again today to confirm it.

The rain saved us against the Bombers, the umpires dragged us over the line against Brisbane and it was those darn fumbly Port players that handed us the prelim. Amazing we're in a GF given we actually haven't WON a game all finals series

Post Thanks / Like

Gaz Lyon on Couch couldn't have made it clearer that it was Port who lost the prelim, rather than the Dogs winning it. Even went back and watched the game again today to confirm it.

The rain saved us against the Bombers, the umpires dragged us over the line against Brisbane and it was those darn fumbly Port players that handed us the prelim.
    Delusional
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he balanced it out with comments on how Geelong's illness that almost decimated them handed Melbourne their preliminary final win....wucka wucha....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What was this about?
    He and Dimma (like Bevo) were saying story telling is better to communicate and hold attentions. Then Clarko offered a time when it failed. He liked the story of a ballerina that came to ice skating and did well. So he’s telling his players this before a game against the Dogs. He sees Hodge & Roughy whispering and the players seem uninterested and Chinese whispers start. Clarko has a video presentation of it. He turns his back on the players to watch the video. What the whispers were was that it sucked and when Clarko turned, they would give him a very, very enthusiastic standing ovation. Which they did with chirps about how amazing the story was. Which led to Clarko telling them all to get stuffed. It made him laugh, and doesn’t take himself too seriously all the time.

Not even premiership coaches are spared the ridicule of their own players when the situation calls for it.

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm sure he balanced it out with comments on how Geelong's illness that almost decimated them handed Melbourne their preliminary final win....wucka wucha....
    Did you turn into Pacman?
    "It's over. It's all over."