Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    After nervously tuning into watch The Couch for the first time in ages last Monday week, and being repeatedly told by Garry 'don't worry we'll get to the Bulldogs in a bit....' then never actually doing it. and then casually glancing at footy media online... I have form about mid last week instituted a 100% shut out of football media.. What I', reading here affirms my decision to give it all a swerve.

Disappointed but not at all surprised. I don't just hope we win this Saturday, I hope we absolutely destroy them.

I hope Oliver, Petracca and co are lapping up the media narrative.. and enter the arena on Saturday with the smarmy faces of the entitled... and I hope their hubris smacks them right between the eyes.
    I've got you covered YHF, and all Woofers.

Let me present to you Howard Kotton of the Young Witness.

https://www.youngwitness.com.au/prof.../howard-kotton

I had to trawl the depths of the rural web to find one, but our man Howard has picked the Dogs by 18 points. (think he's syndicated from the AFL record?)

Edit: He writes for Australian community media newspapers.

https://www.youngwitness.com.au/story/7437276/martin-key-to-the-western-bulldogs-premiership-hopes/?cs=1666

Last edited by Grantysghost; 21-09-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Howie background.

2. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm yet to hear any media outlet raise as an advantage to us the fact that Dunks & Treloar haven't yet played in either clash with Melb this year. I understand that Big Stef Gardner and Wood would not draw the same reactions, even though Stef has a very important role to play, but Dunks & Treloar are bona fide ''A'' graders who help our chances immensely... but hey, we only won in Rd 19 cause it rained.
    We're effectively replacing Ed Richards and Riley Garcia with Dunks and Treloar. That's a *!*!*!*!ing massive upgrade, without even touching on Stef, Gardner, Keath for more than 10 mins etc.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've got you covered YHF, and all Woofers.

Let me present to you Howard Kotton of the Young Witness.

https://www.youngwitness.com.au/prof.../howard-kotton

I had to trawl the depths of the rural web to find one, but our man Howard has picked the Dogs by 18 points. (think he's syndicated from the AFL record?)

https://www.youngwitness.com.au/story/7437276/martin-key-to-the-western-bulldogs-premiership-hopes/?cs=1666

Yes Howard has been around for yonks. Met him once years ago at a card night. Nice fellow. Used to be on SEN.

6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds relevant:

[Will] Schofield explained the Eagles tried to exploit Melbourne’s overconfidence, talking them up in the media and planning to ambush them in the opening minutes.

“We also wanted the mindset of Melbourne to be ‘how good are we, and how bloody good’s this story gonna be? How’s this fairytale of us, you know, picking ourselves up and playing this contested brand and coming over to Perth, beating West Coast, going to a Grand Final, winning a Grand Final’, we wanted them just patting themselves on the back,” he said.

“So any media we did that week, any media Simmo did, there was a huge thread from the leadership group to go over and above pumping up how good Melbourne is.

“And internally, it was, we’re gonna shove the fairytale so far up their behinds that they’re never gonna want to come back to Perth.

“We set them up for exactly what happened, and we spoke about it during the week, they’re gonna come out in the first quarter and they’re not gonna kick a goal. It so happened it went for the first half. But it was talked about, that wasn’t just us playing well, that was - it’s easier to say - that was what we wanted to happen, and it did.”
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...d0079db4ccd8d8
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes bornadog, jeemak, Sedat, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They are already holding the cup up according to Petracca
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They are already holding the cup up according to Petracca
    They really do come across as a smug bunch of entitled w@nkers. Heard it time and time again.

The players MVP voting was no surprise at all. Oliver has a very bad rep for throwing himself down to get frees.

We need to hit him hard, the entire game. The way the Pies did up in Sydney.

It stopped their source work significantly, although I think they were without Viney.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another wanker talking:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's because of Max Gawn, and it's fair enough because he is actually elite.....like super elite.

But running deeper is key. After their first change who have they got? Who have we got after our first change?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We’ll see…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's because of Max Gawn, and it's fair enough because he is actually elite.....like super elite.

But running deeper is key. After their first change who have they got? Who have we got after our first change?
    I think that's right. If you're comparing including ruck (as you should) then Max edges it for them.

Non primary ruck mids we are better.

If I imagine Gawn on our team for a second I'd be pretty bloody confident right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Eagles were smart but they wont be as under prepared this time especially after what we did to Port.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Yeah, if we allow Gawn to have a day out ala the prelim we're in big trouble. If he can be nullified and have just an average day, we'll be ok. If he has a down day, giddy up.

Bevo and the coaching group has had weeks to plan. I'm sure we'll cook something up to deal with him in a way that gives us a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Eagles were smart but they wont be as under prepared this time especially after what we did to Port.
    Eagles?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I’m content to let our performance on the day do the talking. That will tell us who’s best despite what any media idiot is saying or will say. If we execute on Saturday, it’s all over and if the common idiot wants to put it down to the bye then good riddance. Failure is successfully achieved by failures so long as they continue to look for excuses as to why they failed.

19. Likes Bulldog Joe, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Eagles?
    Eagles in 2018 prelim purposely talked up Melbourne so that the players got big heads. Then they smacked them. Might not work this time round though.

21. Likes Topdog liked this post