Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

I have been recording it each night this week, so I can watch later and skip through the bits I don't want to watch.

Three nights so far they have spoken about us for no more than a few minutes, in total. They did have Wood on yesterday live from Perth, but that is it. No doubt David king will run through the games tomorrow night and tell us how great Port are
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have been recording it each night this week, so I can watch later and skip through the bits I don't want to watch.

Three nights so far they have spoken about us for no more than a few minutes, in total. They did have Wood on yesterday live from Perth, but that is it. No doubt David king will run through the games tomorrow night and tell us how great Port are
    Was the same for most of the season, and most definitely with On The Couch. We were on top and all they’d talk about is Melb.

Anyway… they’ll have to mention us more next week when we’re 50% of the teams left!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Was the same for most of the season, and most definitely with On The Couch. We were on top and all they’d talk about is Melb.

Anyway… they’ll have to mention us more next week when we’re 50% of the teams left!
    It'll be all about how much of a shock Melbourne's loss was and that nobody saw it coming.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    52 minutes in tonight. Preliminary Final weekend with just the one Prelim final and not two was a bold move. I’m pumped for Melbourne breaking the drought and this amazing Geelong side. Not sure who they play next week. But who cares.
    Did you watch Monday night? They discussed our win plenty.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes chef, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did you watch Monday night? They discussed our win plenty.
    Defending 360, I though you were Robbo and now you’ve be exposed azarobbo! I’m on to you

I did. That retrospect was good. Tuesday we got Wood for a few minutes about the week ahead. Almost nothing last night at all about our game on Saturday. It’s pathetic. I started the thread asking if the narrative around us would change to positive all things considered. Clearly 360 think we are making up the numbers. I guess on Monday they can be (1) astonished we somehow played, and (2) shocked we won, because nobody saw it coming.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Defending 360, I though you were Robbo and now you’ve be exposed azarobbo! I’m on to you

I did. That retrospect was good. Tuesday we got Wood for a few minutes about the week ahead. Almost nothing last night at all about our game on Saturday. It’s pathetic. I started the thread asking if the narrative around us would change to positive all things considered. Clearly 360 think we are making up the numbers. I guess on Monday they can be (1) astonished we somehow played, and (2) shocked we won, because nobody saw it coming.
    360 has become watchable now Robbo is on sick leave.

Honestly I only watch Monday nights as the rest of it is just fluff.

The AGE realfooty podcast irritates me as they spun the same message, Brisbane should have won, Dogs should have lost. Brisbane had injuries' to key players.

Forget about the fact Lions for the second year running had an armchair ride through home ground advantage and no hub (from midway point in 2021) and still got done in straight sets.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes bulldogtragic, DOG GOD, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    360 has become watchable now Robbo is on sick leave.

Honestly I only watch Monday nights as the rest of it is just fluff.

The AGE realfooty podcast irritates me as they spun the same message, Brisbane should have won, Dogs should have lost. Brisbane had injuries' to key players.

Forget about the fact Lions for the second year running had an armchair ride through home ground advantage and no hub (from midway point in 2021) and still got done in straight sets.
    I like a toned down Dunstall, and Nick Riewoldt is not bad either.

Not a fan of Jon Brown and Jack Riewoldt though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I like a toned down Dunstall, and Nick Riewoldt is not bad either.

Not a fan of Jon Brown and Jack Riewoldt though.
    Dunstall is the best ex-footballer on TV by a fair margin, imo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes bulldogtragic, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I occasionally get the first minute of ‘bounce’ I don’t switch off quick enough. I’m not a fan of that Dunstall. But the 360 version is great. I have no idea how long Robbo is out for. But if he needed to be permanently replaced, I’d go with Dunstall. With Nick Riewoldt ‘On The Couch’. They should go back to three OTC. Four doesn’t really work in my humble.

Post Thanks / Like

I occasionally get the first minute of ‘bounce’ I don’t switch off quick enough. I’m not a fan of that Dunstall. But the 360 version is great. I have no idea how long Robbo is out for. But if he needed to be permanently replaced, I’d go with Dunstall. With Nick Riewoldt ‘On The Couch’. They should go back to three OTC. Four doesn’t really work in my humble.
    The Bounce is the worst footy programme currently on TV
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's completely wasted on that show, it's puerile rubbish now without him and Spud aren't riffing off each other.

I hope he becomes the permanent 360 co-host, too. Fingers crossed Robbo gets healthy and he can take on the Bounce role, more his speed, imo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You aren't the demographic. The kids love it.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

It's just not the same without Spud.

The chemistry he had with Chief just can't be replicated.

Man I miss him.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't, as a rule, like any of the footy shows. But since we knocked Essendon out, I've been delighting in watching 360 (and On the Couch).

For me it's just about the pleasure of soaking it all in, and building up to the matches. I'm getting maximum enjoyment out of this run that we're having.

I don't care that they under-rate us, or that they pump up the other teams - I can hate watch along with the best of them...

If and when we lose I'll stop watching, but for know it's fun for me at least.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

21. Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    David King is pretty good also

What it highlights is how poor a lot of them are, and whilst not a former player, Robbo may not hold onto his spot on the list next year - delisted and re-rookied might be the best he could hope for

Its been much better with others on it