• Western Bulldogs

14 22.95%
  • Footscray Bulldogs

47 77.05%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VFL Team Name

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VFL Team Name

Im a supporter whose in his early 20s and I voted for Footscray. Makes sense for a Suburban VFL competition and to go back to the club roots from where it started.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been torn with this vote, it's the ol' heart over head thing. I will go Footscray because it is just the state league and grass roots stuff but I what the AFL team to stay Western Bulldogs I just wish I could reflect this sentiment on the vote page.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I have been torn with this vote, it's the ol' heart over head thing. I will go Footscray because it is just the state league and grass roots stuff but I what the AFL team to stay Western Bulldogs I just wish I could reflect this sentiment on the vote page.
    I wonder if anyone will be contacted by the club as was suggest by wanting our membership details etc? If anyone is contacted from here would love to know the contents of the discussion.

As expected, it appears Footscray has a strong chance of being the elected name.

Post Thanks / Like

Localised name doesn't hurt Collingwood or Carlton. Bring it back. Foot-a-scray!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It is Footscray without any doubt. That is the right option and the smart option from a fan engagement and branding point of view. The VFL side is a different marketplace that is fairly inconsequential to the Club's brand as an AFL side so why would you apply the same logic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    It is Footscray without any doubt. That is the right option and the smart option from a fan engagement and branding point of view. The VFL side is a different marketplace that is fairly inconsequential to the Club's brand as an AFL side so why would you apply the same logic?
    This, plus the Footscray name should not be lost for our younger generation.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone with a link to a rlevant club person email them with these results?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    This, plus the Footscray name should not be lost for our younger generation.
    Amen. Long live the Footscray name.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Footscray for me. I still call the big club Footscray too when talking about them with my mates.

It amazes me how many people think that we are either based in Perth or confuse us with GWS when I tell them I barrack for the Western Bulldogs. But the issue of the AFL club changing their name back is a fight for another day.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what, it will be a very popular VFL team. I'm really excited.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't really bothered but thinking about it retaining the western bulldog brand should be important.

Post Thanks / Like

West Footscray bulldogs anyone? haha

I voted for Footscray as it is where the team is based and where the club roots come from. History of the club is just as important imo even though we are reaching out to the western suburbs. Footscray bulldogs for mine but wouldn't be too fussed with either.
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Pure romance I voted for Footscray
    Do you think we could also convince them to play in the 80s tri-striped jumper?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Do you think we could also convince them to play in the 80s tri-striped jumper?
    Oh please no.

We could go with one of our original VFA Jumpers

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the third one actually. maybe change the collar though.