Thread: VFL Team Name

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VFL Team Name

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Just a little poll snapshot:

Western Bulldogs 16 25.40%
    Footscray Bulldogs 47 74.60%
    Give the masses what they want.

Free Bwian.... No, call the feeder side Footscray.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metal View Post
    Sorry but I wasn't being technical. For me, as a person who has never lived in Footscray, and who has no allegiance to the community of Footscray per se, the appeal then is to the wider area of the western suburbs. The Western Bulldogs just sounds grander and more marketable to me.

I do, however, understand that those who have a close affiliation with Footscray as a suburb, as a people, as a culture, may want to continue that history through a football club name that they have been involved with previously.
    Thanks metal.

Yeah, that feels right for mine, I was just curious because you sometimes hear people talk about pre and post 97 versions of the Club as remarkably different entities. Or that we are the Western Bulldogs to the exclusion of the Footscray Football Club identity, when that is, regardless of how heavily we've bought into the rebranding, incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd add a Footscray vote however i'm not allowed to vote?

Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll
    Obviously I've voted on the Dogs website the VFL team to be Footscray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I'd add a Footscray vote however i'm not allowed to vote?
    The poll closed on 16/6/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    The poll closed on 16/6/13
    Ahh thanks mate. I thought that might be the case however it doesn't mention a close date from my end.

Edit : You mean the 18th right? Not sure how a poll could be closed two days before the thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh thanks mate. I thought that might be the case however it doesn't mention a close date from my end.

Edit : You mean the 18th right? Not sure how a poll could be closed two days before the thread?
    Actually it closes 16/9. Not sure why you can't vote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Actually it closes 16/9. Not sure why you can't vote
    Been a while since I used VB. However from memory it's in the Usergroup settings.

Quick search of google I found this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-on-this-poll

Post Thanks / Like

Been a while since I used VB. However from memory it's in the Usergroup settings.

Quick search of google I found this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-on-this-poll
    Hey Anthony you should be able to vote, I have it open till 16 September
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Minor point but can someone from our Marketing Dept please tell me why that to be eligible as a member to nominate my preference to this survey on the Club's website that as a prerequisite I must also consent to be potentially (spammed) contacted by corporate partners affiliated to the club ? Surely this should be optional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hey Anthony you should be able to vote, I have it open till 16 September
    Nope the site Admin must have me in some strange Usergroup. I can't vote on polls.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope the site Admin must have me in some strange Usergroup. I can't vote on polls.
    PM GVGjr
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our club has/had over 100 years of tradition as the Footscray F.C. in the Vic. state leagues/associations. It has never competed in this competition as the Western Bulldogs, only in the national comp under that moniker.
    At the Whitten/Western Oval, it has only ever played as Footscray.

I would have thought it is a no brainer that our reserves should be known as Footscray. Any suggestion that our younger supporters some of who have only known the club as WB's would somehow be confused is a nonsense.
    For one thing, I am sure most of them will be brighter than that. Beside those youngsters have never had our reserves known as WB's anyway, as some one pointed out earlier, they have only known them as Williamstown or Werribee any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulv View Post
    Our club has/had over 100 years of tradition as the Footscray F.C. in the Vic. state leagues/associations. It has never competed in this competition as the Western Bulldogs, only in the national comp under that moniker.

I would have thought it is a no brainer that our reserves should be known as Footscray. Any suggestion that our younger supporters some of who have only known the club as WB's would somehow be confused is a nonsense.
    For one thing, I am sure most of them will be brighter than that. Beside those youngsters have never had our reserves known as WB's anyway, as some one pointed out earlier, they have only known them as Williamstown or Werribee any way.
    Not true. Played there in 1997.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulv View Post

Weren't we the Prince Imperial Football Club for a short while?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Not true. Played there in 1997.
    One game yeah? Against WCE in horrible conditions (GREAT DAY!)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs