Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brennan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brennan

what about a 2nd rounder plus swap of 1st rounds with Brisbane i.e.

Dogs ==> Pick 5, 16 (from Port for Jordy)
    Lions ==> Brennan, Pick 7

for those draft-heads would moving from Pick 5 to 7 be a real disaster? and also would it interest Lions? Is Brennan worth the extra 1st round swap?

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond have interest in McMahon, no-one else at the moment.

We can give up Pick 22, which is better than Essendon's pick 23 but i dont think we'll get away with just that, especially when we might end up using 22 for Hudson.

I would love to see Brennan at the club, i think his best footy is ahead of him and it would be a great pickup. Defenitely not worth Pick 5 though, so there will have to be another club involved.

Pick 5 or 7 is all good, wouldnt make much difference, but we dont want to lose a top 10 pick in this draft, we're only losing 2 positions and if we can get Brennan..yeah its worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can get him for pick 22. Essendon never like to give up a players worth and Brennan is another guy that is out of contract.

99% that Jordan is going now if this report is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Not really. If we traded them our third round pick they are getting power and only losing about 6 spots in the draft.
    Interesting prospective trade combo macca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    what about a 2nd rounder plus swap of 1st rounds with Brisbane i.e.

Dogs ==> Pick 5, 16 (from Port for Jordy)
    Lions ==> Brennan, Pick 7

for those draft-heads would moving from Pick 5 to 7 be a real disaster? and also would it interest Lions? Is Brennan worth the extra 1st round swap?
    I see that as too high a price,

I dont know enough about the draft, and the way Clayton does things he knows exactly who he wants.

If it were my decision #5 would be untouchable in any deal

Post Thanks / Like

Just reading..

Richmond are happy to part with a second round pick to get McMahon

Pick 19 i assume. Now if we can get this deal done we can offer 19 to get Brennan, 22 to Hudson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Just reading..

Richmond are happy to part with a second round pick to get McMahon

Pick 19 i assume. Now if we can get this deal done we can offer 19 to get Brennan, 22 to Hudson
    Do Richmond have pick #18 & #19? Carlton get a priority at #1, then it's ladder order #2 - #17. Then Richmond receive a priority pick at #18 (for winning 4 games or less THIS season) & their 2nd round pick at #19.

I'd prefer to deal with Port & get pick #16. Give Richmond what they deserve, STUFF ALL!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Do Richmond have pick #18 & #19? Carlton get a priority at #1, then it's ladder order #2 - #17. Then Richmond receive a priority pick at #18 (for winning 4 games or less THIS season) & their 2nd round pick at #19.

I'd prefer to deal with Port & get pick #16. Give Richmond what they deserve, STUFF ALL!

The Tigers have their priority pick in the 2nd round so have 18 and 19. The Blues have pick 20.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I've just seen to many very poor games from Brennan to get excited about getting him through a trade in some way.

On his day he is great, but when he is off your better off having me out on the ground and unfortunatlly his bad days seem to come around to often for my likings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I've just seen to many very poor games from Brennan to get excited about getting him through a trade in some way.

On his day he is great, but when he is off your better off having me out on the ground and unfortunatlly his bad days seem to come around to often for my likings.
    Don't forget the bigger guys take time to mature. He is probably approaching his best years in the next two years.

Jared Brennan
    #17 Brisbane Lions
    Born: July 28, 1984 Origin: Southern Districts
    Height: 192cm Weight: 95kg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

Thats the thing with him. He's the type of player that will win you a few games but he also might cost you a few games.

If we do land him though and basically everyone Rocket wanted on his shopping list (Robbo aside) have been recruited then there should be no excuses next year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we do land him though and basically everyone Rocket wanted on his shopping list (Robbo aside) have been recruited then there should be no excuses next year.
    Indeed, though I still worry about how much the loss of McMahon will weaken our potential (if he goes - and it's hard, though not impossible, to see us getting Brennan if we keep McMahon).

The following bf thread gives a bit more info on why Brennan wants out. Seems mainly that he was sick of seeing balls fly over his head to Brown, even when Brown was double-teamed, doesn't get on well with Matthews, and wants to play on the wing. Not completely sure about his friends though, and Brennan comes over as a bit precious. Still Clayton really rates him and it would add a bit more excitement and no doubt frustration to our lives...
    http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363589

Post Thanks / Like

is anyone getting a sense of a rhode trade period from a few years back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    is anyone getting a sense of a rhode trade period from a few years back?
    No.
    We had pick 1,4,6,19,20 and psd 1 with one day to go during the Rodhe era.
    We lost 4 for those for Rawlings, Veale, Street and Koops.

I doubt we will trade for more than 3 players and I doubt they will cost us that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    No.
    We had pick 1,4,6,19,20 and psd 1 with one day to go during the Rodhe era.
    We lost 4 for those for Rawlings, Veale, Street and Koops.

I doubt we will trade for more than 3 players and I doubt they will cost us that much.
    It was an amazing opportunity, and one we stuffed up incredibly