Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brennan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    It was an amazing opportunity, and one we stuffed up incredibly
    Eade doesn't strike me either as one that would lose his nerve like Rohde/Newport did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Indeed, though I still worry about how much the loss of McMahon will weaken our potential (if he goes - and it's hard, though not impossible, to see us getting Brennan if we keep McMahon).

The following bf thread gives a bit more info on why Brennan wants out. Seems mainly that he was sick of seeing balls fly over his head to Brown, even when Brown was double-teamed, doesn't get on well with Matthews, and wants to play on the wing. Not completely sure about his friends though, and Brennan comes over as a bit precious. Still Clayton really rates him and it would add a bit more excitement and no doubt frustration to our lives...
    http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363589
    I suppose there's at least two outcomes if he came to us:

1. Stay precious and inconsistent

2. Really grow as a KPP as he'll be the main man forward
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    No.
    We had pick 1,4,6,19,20 and psd 1 with one day to go during the Rodhe era.
    We lost 4 for those for Rawlings, Veale, Street and Koops.

I doubt we will trade for more than 3 players and I doubt they will cost us that much.
    My goodness that is so depressing.

We had a chance to get 5 potential 200 gamers and gave it up for 1 dud, 1 unlikely ruckman and 2 injury prone OK players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    No.
    We had pick 1,4,6,19,20 and psd 1 with one day to go during the Rodhe era.
    We lost 4 for those for Rawlings, Veale, Street and Koops.

I doubt we will trade for more than 3 players and I doubt they will cost us that much.
    When i first read that it re-emphasised my hatred for Peter Rhode. Then i just had a look to see who was actually drafted with those picks and here are the results.

1. Adam Cooney (star)
    4. Farren Ray (hopefully comes on)
    6. Kepler Bradley (dud)
    19. David Mundy (would of been handy)
    20. Sam Butler (dunno)

Players that went in the pre season draft
    Nick Stevens
    Jacob Surjan
    Josh Mahoney

All in all it wasn't that bad an outcome, although Clayton wouldn't have neccesarily drafted those players and we could have taken Nick Stevens in the PSD for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    20. Sam Butler (dunno)
    Butler is a gun. He's missed the whole season through injury, but a lot of the West Coast fans are getting excited about him being back next year already.

He pick up 30 disposals Vs us in that fateful Semi-final last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Cam Wood has just gone from Brisbane for #14. It seems as though, possibly, Johnstone could be going to the Lions for that pick? But that is not substantiated at this point.

It's been an interesting trade week so far, for the 4 deals that have been completed. We're left waiting till the last moment, dammit!

Post Thanks / Like

Great player when he is on but doesnt play enough good games as far as I am concerned. I think he is a show pony and if he had trouble blending into the Lions then its a fair bet to say he could have the same trouble at other clubs.Very risky trade in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    2. Really grow as a KPP as he'll be the main man forward
    As brilliant as he is he will never be that type. Doesn't have great positional sense and sort of just floats around. Dont think he will ever be a key target up forward but he is capable of being an extremely dangerous second or third option.

Post Thanks / Like

When i first read that it re-emphasised my hatred for Peter Rhode. Then i just had a look to see who was actually drafted with those picks and here are the results.

1. Adam Cooney (star)
    6. Kepler Bradley (dud)
    20. Sam Butler (dunno)

Nick Stevens
    Jacob Surjan
    Josh Mahoney

All in all it wasn't that bad an outcome, although Clayton wouldn't have neccesarily drafted those players and we could have taken Nick Stevens in the PSD for free.
    I doubt Clayton would have drafted any of the other 3. Looking back on that draft though it was actually quite a poor draft.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Adam Cooney (star)
    6. Kepler Bradley (dud)
    20. Sam Butler (dunno)

Nick Stevens
    Jacob Surjan
    Josh Mahoney

Not as simple as who was picked up at those exact picks. Need to look at who we could have picked up had we not blinked.

Chaplin from memory went late 1st round. Could have snared him at #6. Probably other quality options between 7-18. The 2003 trade week was a monumental cock-up and I still break out in a cold sweat thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Adam Cooney (star)
    6. Kepler Bradley (dud)
    20. Sam Butler (dunno)

Nick Stevens
    Jacob Surjan
    Josh Mahoney

Its worse when you realise that Clayton could have tabbed Beau Waters at no.6

And I agree with B2B - Butler has looked a gun in the making at times

Post Thanks / Like

this is a bit unrelated, but the thought of McMahon at Richmond horrifies me, thats seriously the stuff nightmares are made of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
    this is a bit unrelated, but the thought of McMahon at Richmond horrifies me, thats seriously the stuff nightmares are made of.
    Hey Gabi, why is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hey Gabi, why is that?
    I'll answer this one: If I was Richmond, i would offer Jordy a lot more then the dogs and tell him not accept any bulldog trades and pick him up for free in the PSD. I would put a dummy bid in first, to look like we are trying...say 3rd round pick knowing they would refuse....if they don't then it doesn't matter, still get a bargain.

Ok, maybe me personally wouldn't do that, because i was saying weeks ago we should give pick 22 to the crows for Hudson to play it fair and not be bastards. But i don't run a multi million dollar club where every inch helps...but if i did i would screw the dogs in this situation. Its on a platter.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Brennan

Does brennan remind anyone of a young fevola ? He could be molded into a "decent?" player, but I think there may be some challenging years for us supporters to perservere with his lack of concentration . I still don't see who will play at centre half forward next year if we don't snare a key forward.

I agree with you beauts. Its on a platter for richmond to screw us for jordy. Just look at what melbourne did to the crows for meesen. Pick 37 ( 3rd round) for meeson who they picked in 2005 for pick 8.

Anyone know why ray can't get more consistent player ? Is it his body size ? His lack of concentration ? or is he just not any good ????