Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a second team?

I guess most people have a kind of second team. The one belonging to your passed on Grandfather, or your mate's team. By following their fortunes, it gives you something to banter about over the photocopier.
    So, who's brave enough to admit they have one on here?
    IF not, which opposition do you know the most about and why?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you have a second team?

I don't have a 2nd side. If the Bulldogs weren't in the AFL I wouldn't go to AFL games and would just follow the TAC which is a terrific competition.

I don't watch a lot of non Bulldog games but I quite like watching the Swans at the moment mainly because I admire the hard running of their midfield.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Arsenal.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Arsenal.
    Good answer, mine is Norwood.

Can't say I really support another side, but given most of my family and friends go for the Crows I do have a passing interest in how they go - mainly so when they play poorly I can stick it to all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Chelsea, obviously.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Arsenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Chelsea, obviously.
    Guys, lets stick to the thread as outlined in the opening post otherwise will just get a roll call of non Aussie Rules teams.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Guys, lets stick to the thread as outlined in the opening post otherwise will just get a roll call of non Aussie Rules teams.

Fair point.

None. All of my passion is reserved for the bulldogs. Like you if the bulldogs weren't in the AFL I wouldn't bother with it. I'd follow VFL or the EPL or become even more full on about cricket.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like watching the seagulls. Don't know what I'll do next year as I feel some level of ownership there but with the new footscray well.....

Family goes for Geelong who I passionately despise for the 1990's finals debarcle(s). Ditto Crows.

I have been known to sing the Tigers song on occasion as I have a lot of mates who are Richmond supporters. Would barrack Tigers vs most clubs. Man its a good song when 60,000 people are belting it out at the G. Also I really rate Gary Marsh - fantastic speaker and leader. They will miss him.

I'll barrack for Freo come September as (a) I think they might just be good enough this year with a bit of luck and (b) I think it may be their last chance this year or next as Pav and Sandi will be gone soon. I think they need one of them to win a flag albeit they are doing pretty well without them at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the Dogs then the AFL would probably be dead to me. It's not the same game I grew up loving as a kid unfortunately.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If it wasn't for the Dogs then the AFL would probably be dead to me. It's not the same game I grew up loving as a kid unfortunately.
    That would be me too, I had a soft for Fitzroy all those years ago and I admired the Lions 3 peat team but that's all gone now.

So I would take mild interest in most sports but none in particular.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I like watching the Swans as well GVG. They are just a hard, disciplined unit. But my admiration for Port since Hinkley came on board went up. I like his press conferences. Just a no nonsense bloke.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I like watching the ex-Bulldogs. So probably GWS since they have two.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast. Their dominance will rob us of premierships, but it's like watching the young Brisbane Lions before the three peat. Just so much talent.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Probably North, I don't know but my mates and I really enjoyed kicking back at home with a heap of beers watching North roll teams in the 90s on a Friday night before we all went out. Fridge was probably my favourite non-dogs player there for a while.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't have a 2nd side. If the Bulldogs weren't in the AFL I wouldn't go to AFL games and would just follow the TAC which is a terrific competition.

I don't watch a lot of non Bulldog games but I quite like watching the Swans at the moment mainly because I admire the hard running of their midfield.
    That's a good answer. I'd consider doing the same, or just pick up my local footy side.