Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you have a second team?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    In order of hatred.

1. North. The team most Footscrayites hate due to the proximity of the suburbs and the 130 year plus ongoing competition between the two teams in the VFA, VFL and now AFL.

2. Essendon. Again the neighbouring suburb thing and the 1924 match.

3. Richmond. Anyone who was a kid in the late '60s and early '70s can tell you how arrogant and obnoxious that football club was back then. Imagine Richmond supporters with a team to follow that had all the best players, coaches, money and almost unlimited success. It really was as frightening as it sounds. I will hate hem until the day I die.

I admired North for a while in the Pagan years because I knew Denis Pagan from when he coached Yarraville in the VFA in the early '80s. I didn't mind Sheedy so my hatred of Essendon warned for a while, although I still really enjoy taunting their fans at games. I wish only terrible things for the Richmond Football Club though.
    Agreed except my number one is Carlton followed by Essendon. Just can't stand these cheating clubs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    My second team is whoever is playing Collingwood in any given week.

I've never understood the Collingwood thing. For most of our lives they have been known for losing Grand Finals, internal political turmoil and delusional supporters who think they follow the most successful club in the competition when in reality hey have saluted twice in 55 years.despite all the competitive advantages they are handed.

I find them quaint and vaguely amusing, rather than hate them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Fitzroy in 1995 was the closest I've ever come to a second team.

I have 17 teams I hate to varying degrees of intensity, so if that qualifies as a second team, the Swans I hate the least.

Post Thanks / Like

You do all realise that when we were going under as a club, lots and I do mean lots of supporters from other clubs took out memberships and donated money?
    I like AFL, and enjoy watching other games. Really enjoyed Brisbane's win over the Cats. Great narrative. Have a soft spot for Brisvegas owing to the Fitzroy connection and Brownie, who's a Warrnambool boy.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No way.

With the way Vlad and co are hell bent on destroying the fabric of the game, the Bulldogs are the only thing keeping my interest in the sport.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Second teams are for nancy boys.

In terms of who I hate, North Melbourne have a weird religious cult vibe to them that freaks me out.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Second teams are for nancy boys.

In terms of who I hate, North Melbourne have a weird religious cult vibe to them that freaks me out.
    Their fans are completely delusional, like the football version of Scientologists.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

That would make a nice thread -
    North fans are like -- Scientologists
    Richmond Fans are like those blokes at Maccas on a Saturday night at 5am
    Essendon fans are like the people on the nightrider, on their way home from maccas at 5am
    St Kilda fans --- ?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No second team for me.

I feel for Fitzroy people, I couldn't follow the Bears takeover merger team if I was a royboy.

Post Thanks / Like

My second team would be Footscray (in 2015 ... our VFL team)

I watch a lot of football, three to four games a week; I least despise Fremantle (although I cant stand Lyon).
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've never understood the Collingwood thing. For most of our lives they have been known for losing Grand Finals, internal political turmoil and delusional supporters who think they follow the most successful club in the competition when in reality hey have saluted twice in 55 years.despite all the competitive advantages they are handed.
    Their supporters are vile and plentiful. I celebrated their GF losses almost as hard as the supporters of the clubs that won those flags.

The beauty of the 2010 GF was that I didn't have to put up with either of Collingwood or St Kilda winning it as I went overseas on GF night and didn't return until trade week - it's like the GF replay never happened.

Post Thanks / Like

My second team are the Cats. Barracked for them til I was eleven and wife used to barrack for them before I brainwashed her. I also like the style of footy they play although I find some of their fans are becoming very arrogant. Strangely enough they are starting to act like Hawks fans who always seem to look down their nose at every other team. I hate hawthorn with a passion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    That would make a nice thread -
    North fans are like -- Scientologists
    Richmond Fans are like those blokes at Maccas on a Saturday night at 5am
    Essendon fans are like the people on the nightrider, on their way home from maccas at 5am
    St Kilda fans --- ?
    Collingwood fans are Catholics, dogmatic, secular, overpublicised, numerous, with a higher opinion of themselves than their deeds warrant (no seriously, I'm sure the prevalence of working class Catholics in Collingwood in the 20's and 30's is part of their wide supporter base). Apologies to any Catholics, but only a Bill Hicks apology.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a second side in the AFL, seems impossible to me.

I hate every other team and wish them the worst of luck in their endeavours.

Post Thanks / Like

No second team, just varying degrees of dislike for the other teams.

I don't wish for a team to win, I just wish for the team they're playing to lose more.