Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lower/Picken in the side

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kept Hodge to 18 disposals, however , the two goals he kicked didn't help our cause.
    The Griffen smother was hardly anything Wallis could've prevented. I thought Wallis did a solid job and I would like t see him persisted with in this role.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Kept Hodge to 18 disposals, however , the two goals he kicked didn't help our cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    The Griffen smother was hardly anything Wallis could've prevented. I thought Wallis did a solid job and I would like t see him persisted with in this role.
    Agree that the smother goal was something special. Can't expect Wallis to be running at his side when we've got the ball.

Wasn't entirely unhappy with Wallis' performance yesterday, was certainly raising the ire of the Hawks players. A few of them went after him at one stage in the third.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Wallis play the year out as our tagger. He's had a terrible season but it's a way of getting something out of it, rather than him playing poorly/getting dropped and playing VFL.

If that means Lower/Cross don't return, so be it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

Wasn't entirely unhappy with Wallis' performance yesterday, was certainly raising the ire of the Hawks players. A few of them went after him at one stage in the third.
    No-one can (will) question Wallis's desire & effort, his major issue is when he gets the ball in his hand which is really holding him back at present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'd like to see Wallis play the year out as our tagger. He's had a terrible season but it's a way of getting something out of it, rather than him playing poorly/getting dropped and playing VFL.

If that means Lower/Cross don't return, so be it.
    I wouldn't be unhappy with that either. Wallis has so much to offer the club off the field we need to do whatever we can to find a role for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Agree that the smother goal was something special. Can't expect Wallis to be running at his side when we've got the ball.

Can't believe a player like Hodge could be such a sook for getting sat on. The master of playing 'unsociable' football just within the rules and was crying to the umpires that Wallis was scragging him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wse View Post
    Can't believe a player like Hodge could be such a sook for getting sat on. The master of playing 'unsociable' football just within the rules and was crying to the umpires that Wallis was scragging him.
    Have you seen Wally, he's a beast
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wse View Post
    They needed to look closer at Giff beheld by the arm and scragged all day.

Hodge needs to get over it princess and think himself lucky it was Libba senior.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    They needed to look closer at Giff beheld by the arm and scragged all day.

Hodge needs to get over it princess and think himself lucky it wasn't Libba senior.
    I don't understand how The Age gave Hodge votes and not Isaac Smith who was clearly the Hawks best player. Hodge did a couple of good things but Wallis also negated alot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea of Mr Lowers' contract length. Being a third timer, picked as a free agent it couldn't be more than a year could it?

Useful player, but if Wallis is played with relative success as a tagger like he was on the weekend, and we've got Picken, where does this leave Eds' brother?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand how The Age gave Hodge votes and not Isaac Smith who was clearly the Hawks best player. Hodge did a couple of good things but Wallis also negated alot.
    The media love Hodge to bits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Any idea of Mr Lowers' contract length. Being a third timer, picked as a free agent it couldn't be more than a year could it?

Useful player, but if Wallis is played with relative success as a tagger like he was on the weekend, and we've got Picken, where does this leave Eds' brother?
    2 to 3 year deal I suspect. He knocked back a deal to stay with Fremantle.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't he let go by Freo, who then scrambled to make him stay after McPhee retired?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Wasn't he let go by Freo, who then scrambled to make him stay after McPhee retired?
    They delisted him but quickly told him they would redraft him. Lower knocked that back to come to us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"