Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jobe Watson admits he 'may' have taken AOD 9604

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Tell them they are dreaming.
    The source is pretty solid though. This poster also went 6 months early on Knights getting the flick & Hird taking over. His definitely getting his information from within the club so if the club think they are fine then thats disturbing.
    The only way i can see how the Essendon players can escape any sanctions is if ASADA have fluffed it & they get off on a technicality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    As I said earlier WADA can appeal any decision made and I am pretty damn certain that they wont care what the AFL think.
    Don't know how accurate this is but I've heard that WADA would be out of their jurisdiction in appealing any decision as AFL is not an international sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the AFL sign up to WADA?
    Went kicking and screaming if I recall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Didn't the AFL sign up to WADA?
    Went kicking and screaming if I recall.
    From what I recall, it was a compromise reached on out of competition illicit drug detection that draws a distinction from the standard WADA code and the AFL's policy, though in competition illicit drug (and doping, of course) detection carries the same penalties across the two.

Post Thanks / Like

What I want to hear from the AFL is: 'if the inquiry finds xyz culpability, then the penalty will be abc; if the inquiry finds sqr then the penalty will be fgh.' And I want to hear that before the results come out.

Not holding my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

Vlad cancels his weekly radio gig on 3AW this morning.

Piss weak!!!!!!!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Vlad cancels his weekly radio gig on 3AW this morning.

Piss weak!!!!!!!!
    He is on holiday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn't agree more ^^
    The AFL silence is deafening
    The investigation is still ongoing. They should be silent and should be staying out of it. I am super surprised and impressed that they have done both so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Don't know how accurate this is but I've heard that WADA would be out of their jurisdiction in appealing any decision as AFL is not an international sport.
    Not accurate at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is on holiday.
    You know how the saying goes,

When the going gets tough, take holidays.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You know how the saying goes,

When the going gets tough, take holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    The investigation is still ongoing. They should be silent and should be staying out of it. I am super surprised and impressed that they have done both so far.
    This ^^^

Best not to saying anything until investigation complete.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. East German athletes doped. Chinese swimmers doped. Lance Amstrong doped. But Essendon haven't doped, they're just ignorant scallywags.... There are no gradings to doping, you did or did not. There are no gradings to more serious or less serious banned substances, banned is banned. Personal responsibility is self explanatory, but Essendon players are coping out with the support of the AFLPA and he tacit approval of the AFL.... You would expect that Vlad gets paid enough to make tough decisions in th interest of the brand. Maybe not....
    The commentary team held up an ASADA article last night which stated that AOD-9604 was not on their banned list at the time that Watson took the drug (even though it was on WADA's list of banned substances). I thought the status of banned substances would be the same across both organisations. Why is ASADA different?

The Bombers seem extremely confident that the ASADA investigation will find in their favour. Maybe ASADA stuffed up their determination of AOD-9604. I wonder if WADA will jump in and say no ASADA you had it all wrong, it was banned beforehand and those guilty of taking it need to be held accountable.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see all this going nowhere.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The commentary team held up an ASADA article last night which stated that AOD-9604 was not on their banned list at the time that Watson took the drug (even though it was on WADA's list of banned substances). I thought the status of banned substances would be the same across both organisations. Why is ASADA different?

The Bombers seem extremely confident that the ASADA investigation will find in their favour. Maybe ASADA stuffed up their determination of AOD-9604. I wonder if WADA will jump in and say no ASADA you had it all wrong, it was banned beforehand and those guilty of taking it need to be held accountable.
    The article that was held up was written by the Australian Crime Commission, not ASADA.

Post Thanks / Like

LINK

Looks like Charlie is coming out of the Watson trophy cabinet
    WOOF Member 422