Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Player's Code'

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    A horrible human being? For being pinched then whining about it? Seems a bit over the top. Boomer Harvey is, like most diminutive players, possessed of an abrasive outer countenance. Kind of goes with the territory.
    Who mentioned being pinched?

What about when the Norf players all got together and agreed to putting in $5 each day so they could have lunches catered at the club, Harvey was the only player (and highest paid) that refused to contribute and brought a packed lunch instead. Quality person!

That's without bringing up his wife and brawls in children's playgrounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Who mentioned being pinched?

What about when the Norf players all got together and agreed to putting in $5 each day so they could have lunches catered at the club, Harvey was the only player (and highest paid) that refused to contribute and brought a packed lunch instead. Quality person!

That's without bringing up his wife and brawls in children's playgrounds.
    His old footy club (Preston RSL) asked him to sign a jumper for a raffle or something. Harvey's response: "how much are you going to pay me for it?"

These stories are a dime a dozen; not exactly a secret he's not a great guy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    His old footy club (Preston RSL) asked him to sign a jumper for a raffle or something. Harvey's response: "how much are you going to pay me for it?"

These stories are a dime a dozen; not exactly a secret he's not a great guy.
    Worked with a guy who played cricket against Harvey Snr.
    Wasn't complimentary

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Scott can never stop bellyaching can he.

As for Harvey, the amount of diving to gain unfair advantage he has done throughout his career is enough for me to write him off as a weasel. As he received an unfair amount of free kicks over that time, he is morally obliged to accept being pinched and scragged each and every game.

Fair's fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Brad Scott can never stop bellyaching can he.

As for Harvey, the amount of diving to gain unfair advantage he has done throughout his career is enough for me to write him off as a weasel. As he received an unfair amount of free kicks over that time, he is morally obliged to accept being pinched and scragged each and every game.

Fair's fair.
    Agree.

Remember his dive at Canberra v us, I think Boyd or Robbins bumped him over the boundary line. He feigned high contact and in the back. Umpire may even have made a report. I think we won by a point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Agree.

Remember his dive at Canberra v us, I think Boyd or Robbins bumped him over the boundary line. He feigned high contact and in the back. Umpire may even have made a report. I think we won by a point.
    I think I recall him having his jumper picked or some light contact over his shoulder after receiving a free in that game and he did a triple pump side to side head flick fall over trying to get a 50 in the same game.

My TV had a lot of invisible rocks thrown at it, after that performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Agree.

Definatly Boyd and yes, Boomer really sucked the ump in that day.