Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clubs circle Bulldogs star Cooney

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why do you think he is disinterested? What is going on at the club?
    Why does something have to be "going on at the club"? Why can't it be what's going on with Adam?

He is paid to be a professional, not cracking the sads if he isn't playing in his favourite position.

It was great to see Adam get fired up when he got belted on the weekend. First time he has showed he cares in a long time.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Why does something have to be "going on at the club"? Why can't it be what's going on with Adam?

He is paid to be a professional, not cracking the sads if he isn't playing in his favourite position.

It was great to see Adam get fired up when he got belted on the weekend. First time he has showed he cares in a long time.
    Something is not right, that is all I am saying.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cost him $900 though
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cost him $900 though
    He has plenty.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think he is disinterested? What is going on at the club?
    Reports from the Skins train with the players sessions. His recent videos on Bulldogs TV. Body language on game day. Needing to be belted over the ear to actually fire up.

I really admire your fierce loyalty to the club and the players. I'm not sure it's returned to you by certain players, who really see it more as a career and business. And that's fine, there are different levels of involvement.
    Without fans like you BAD, the club does not exist, especially a small club like ours.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Something is not right, that is all I am saying.
    You better let Ryan Griffen know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Reports from the Skins train with the players sessions. His recent videos on Bulldogs TV. Body language on game day. Needing to be belted over the ear to actually fire up.

I really admire your fierce loyalty to the club and the players. I'm not sure it's returned to you by certain players, who really see it more as a career and business. And that's fine, there are different levels of involvement.
    Without fans like you BAD, the club does not exist, especially a small club like ours.
    There are two sides to every story.

If it was up to many fans we would get rid of every player over 22 years old.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    You better let Ryan Griffen know.
    Please elaborate

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean! It's not a playstation game. You can't switch players at the drop of a hat. Takes about four years Griff reckons.
    And I think Hot_Doggie means, Griff is firing on all pistons - no problem at the club for him. Or Will Minson for that matter.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Please elaborate
    Something isn't right at the club?

Griffen seems to be going ok. New coach wants players to work both ways and Cooney seems disinterested, stop the presses!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think that's a fair reflection. Supporters have the right to question a players output, much like we have the right to question a coach or administration.

You're using Adam as an example of what is wrong with the club. It could be argued that Adams attitude is what the problem is. Look at other senior players Griff, Minson, Gia, Morris and Murph have all been fantastic this year at guiding and aiding a young football team.

I think the club has stood by Adam for a number of years and due to poor management of an injury we have been robbed of his best football. If we don't do our due diligence on every player on the list including not offering Adam "overs" for the player he is now then the club is clearly negligent in their duties. If Adam wants to chase a flag or more coin so be it, I won't be blaming the club for holding its ground.
    Last edited by SlimPickens; 09-07-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

we could have kept Harbrow and Ward if we had of managed the situation better.
    What do you believe we could have done to keep these two BAD?

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to make the distinction.

The club is not sacking Adam. It is not trading Adam. On the contrary it will make Adam a fair offer to stay a bulldog for life. I'm not sure how this is ill treatment or mismanagement.

It is up to Adam to accept the offer or leave for perceived greener pastures. If he voluntarily leaves, I don't think the club can be castigated.

We have been good to Adam and he has been good to the club. This is just the business side of AFL kicking in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If Cooney leaves it will be total mismanagement by the club. We have very few players in the 24 to 28 year bracket, we can ill afford to lose another

We will see how this pans out.
    The point you make regarding having sufficient players in the 24-28 age bracket is a valid one. Cooney's value has now lessened considerably because of his inability to dominate in the midfield. I would think that our greatest need at the moment is a quality key forward and if that can be arranged then I would think that given Adam's large contract that was negotiated in better times for him personally, that he now becomes dispensable.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think that's a fair reflection. Supporters have the right to question a players output, much like we have the right to question a coach or administration.

You're using Adam as an example of what is wrong with the club. It could be argued that Adams attitude is what the problem is. Look at other senior players Griff, Minson, Gia, Morris and Murph have all been fantastic this year at guiding and adding a young football team.

I think the club has stood by Adam for a number of years and due to poor management of an injury we have been robbed of his best football. If we don't do our due diligence on every player on the list including not offering Adam "overs" for the player he is now then the club is clearly negligent in their duties. If Adam wants to chase a flag or more coin so be it, I won't be blaming the club for holding its ground.
    All good points, but you are not getting mine.

All I am saying is if Cooney looks disinterested, then there is a reason, and it may not be just him.

Anyway, all moot points, we are all guessing. It just pisses me off when people have a go at a player and they don't know the full story. I like to keep an open mind.