Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: McMahon

Post Thanks / Like

McMahon

So my hatred of Richmond grows, stealing another one of my favorites from right under our nose. This time, not only a terrific player, but a South Aussie, who was a top 10 draft pick.

I can't help but feel we are big losers out of this trade. As poor as McMahon's second half of the season was, he was certainly worth more than pick 18.

Do you think he was pushed? The club wanted him to leave? Richmond were very interested and made an offer Jordan couldn't refuse, or Jordan simply didn't want to play for us anymore?

I need some answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McJudas

I think it's a terrible name for a thread.

It's not overly great but we essentially got Jordan for Hudson and upgraded our 2nd pick. It's not too bad in regards to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the thread title, if someone can edit it for me - I can only edit the post contents.

I can understand what your saying, and in reality we were probably in a similar situation as Adelaide were with Hudson, so had to get a deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

if it was family reasons he would be playing for port power.

he's playing for money reasons and money alone....he can go and play with brown and wallet and hopefully get another wooden spoon next year for all i care.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to change your name now McMahon#23 to something else.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I've already decided upon Stack#33, unless we draft another young SA bloke in the up coming draft. Perhaps Pick#18 in the meantime!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a counter view to all this?

McMahon has been under Eade for three seasons and still not playing like the coach wants, it seems.

With Callan and Hudson (re clearances and tough stuff) Eade is signalling that he wants a tougher more accountable team.

Perhaps Eade is not totally full of regrets?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Its purely for money. Funny Richmond is turning out to be a place for discarded bulldogs
    Wallet, Judas, McJudas, Choco, Sullivan......... any one I missed. Another team I really dispise and hate.

Post Thanks / Like

I somehow get the feeling that Eade wouldn't be full of regrets, but he would certainly be disappointed that he couldn't mould Jordie into the consistent player he thought he could and should be.

How good were McMahon's first 2 years under Eade though, they were fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

They weren't totally fantastic - still wasn't a great defensive player.

BTW, if you want a good new user name of a SA player, how about our B&F winner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Its purely for money. Funny Richmond is turning out to be a place for discarded bulldogs
    Wallet, Judas, McJudas, Choco, Sullivan......... any one I missed. Another team I really dispise and hate.
    Patrick Bowden, Oberon Pierak, Gordon Casey, David Thorpe, Bones McGhie, Michael McKenna, Chris Burton.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    They weren't totally fantastic - still wasn't a great defensive player.

BTW, if you want a good new user name of a SA player, how about our B&F winner?
    Agreed that Jordan still had some weaknesses to his game, he wasn't a faultless performer. He certainly demonstrated some good talent and abilities though, and often broke games open. For mine, his best spot is still on a wing, running forwards, kicking goals and setting them up.

As much as I am a massive fan of Brian's, he's already an established and highly supported player at the club. The reason for choosing McMahon was that I thought he was a bit, 'under the radar' as far as support goes, often missing out on the accolades Morris, Gilbee, etc were afforded.

It appears to have cursed McMahon though, the added pressure of having a screen name in his honor wore away at his confidence as the year progressed. I would hate to do that to someone else. I think Stack will be my man though.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Bulldog player who is traded to Richmond for big bucks after playing a very poor last season for the Bulldogs.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Agreed that Jordan still had some weaknesses to his game, he wasn't a faultless performer. He certainly demonstrated some good talent and abilities though, and often broke games open. For mine, his best spot is still on a wing, running forwards, kicking goals and setting them up.

As much as I am a massive fan of Brian's, he's already an established and highly supported player at the club. The reason for choosing McMahon was that I thought he was a bit, 'under the radar' as far as support goes, often missing out on the accolades Morris, Gilbee, etc were afforded.

It appears to have cursed McMahon though, the added pressure of having a screen name in his honor wore away at his confidence as the year progressed. I would hate to do that to someone else. I think Stack will be my man though.
    Lucky you weren't a Faulkner fan before this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Lucky you weren't a Faulkner fan before this.
    that was ME D.R hahaha!!!